5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel TRX Lite

dmarker

Reaction score
Has there been any thoughts to Rebel owners buying TRX wheels/tires and suspension components to upgrade their trucks into a TRX lite edition? I find the power from the 5.7L adequate, but the wheels/tires and lift suspension components I would find useful. Any thoughts?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has there been any thoughts to Rebel owners buying TRX wheels/tires and suspension components to upgrade their trucks into a TRX lite edition? I find the power from the 5.7L adequate, but the wheels/tires and lift suspension components I would find useful. Any thoughts?
I plan on trying to change the appearance such as hood, fenders and such but not wheels and suspension. Theres better stuff out there than oem spec, might as well go with after market.

Downytide

Reaction score
I plan on trying to change the appearance such as hood, fenders and such but not wheels and suspension. Theres better stuff out there than oem spec, might as well go with after market.

Going OEM or waiting for Fiberwerx?

I may wait for take offs, from what I was told, the TRX weights about 500lbs more or so, mostly tie to the drivetrain, that means the front suspension will be perfect for Rebel with Winch!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here you go:

If I could spend the money I'd definitely get set up with a mid travel or long travel suspension for this truck. One of my biggest regrets with my Titan was doing a 3" suspension lift with spacers/Bilsteins instead of just forking over the cash for mid travel. Most likely Dirt King as I used their products on my Titan, and I had zero issues in 5+ years of using them.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The TRX wheel track is 3 inches wider per side than a standard truck... very similar to what Ford did with the Raptor I think. Should mean longer upper and lower control arms for more wheel travel up front. Not sure how you'd pull that off without replacing the fenders with Fiberwerx or similar.

That said, if I had the money (big if these days), and it could be done... I'd do it.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going OEM or waiting for Fiberwerx?

I may wait for take offs, from what I was told, the TRX weights about 500lbs more or so, mostly tie to the drivetrain, that means the front suspension will be perfect for Rebel with Winch!
I'd prefer to go OEM appearancewise. I got a peek at the trx front fenders and they have vents, something fiberwerx doesn't have.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Personally, I won't be doing this. My truck will never be a TRX and I don't plan on making it look like one. To me, this would be like making a v6 Mustang look like a Shelby; I'm not into that. Not putting down anyone who plans to do this, it's just not for me.

NDanecker

Reaction score
I think the question should be do you want a TRX looking truck or a TRX functional truck. I don't know many people who would buy or build a $80k+ vehicle and beat the crap out of it in the back trails. Not saying people don't but its far and few between. Most are pavement/garage queens.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, I won't be doing this. My truck will never be a TRX and I don't plan on making it look like one. To me, this would be like making a v6 Mustang look like a Shelby; I'm not into that. Not putting down anyone who plans to do this, it's just not for me.
I see where you are going with this but there is literally only one option at the time when it comes to +4" fiberglass fenders and bed sides. If the TRX looks better then why not :) Not to mention oem engineered control arms/rear axle for a wider track/stance and the wider body panels will be a direct fit instead of cutting away at fiberglass for hours... Can't beat that. 20200704_111258.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread