5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel tires on a sport

Tommyah17

Reaction score
8247C36C-3A15-4B3C-BA92-DE325084F257.jpeg Hey I’ve put a set of rebel wheels and tires on my 2021 Ram sport. The new tires are 1.1 inches taller than the stock tires, no rub or any issues. My question is should I have my Speedo corrected so the odometer works accurately as well as will the larger tires effect he warranty? Thanks in advance

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've seen 37" tires on ugly aftermarket wheels from dealer lifted trucks sold new at stupid asking prices. They usually don't include any type of speed correction.

Though they are dealer aftermarket packages, so they will cover them. But putting slightly larger tires on your truck shouldn't cause any warranty issues. Your odometer will slow down in your favor, but the percentages are pretty low for it to be a big deal.

What you will be complaining about in the next week or so on this forum is your mpg. Expect a drop of around 2-5 mpg, depending on your drive cycle. But looks good sir!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your speedometer will be off by about 2 mph at 60 mph. It's kind of up to you whether you want to pay to have that adjusted. As a side note, the odometer will also be off. Since you're going with larger tires, you'll actually be benefiting as far as the warranty goes because you'll put on more miles than the odometer will be recording by 20 revolutions per mile. Not a huge difference, but over time it would add up. I have no idea if a dealership would notice the tire size discrepancy, or if they would affect your warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread