5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Tires for Highway

johnsmh2

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for new Rebel tires. I don’t want to change the stock size of LT275/70R18. Since buying the truck, I now drive high mileage for work, will be upwards of 25K/year. I love the truck and not interested in another vehicle or second vehicle. Just looking at options for tires since mine are wearing thin. I like the A/T look and want to preserve the Rebel look as much as possible but also looking for something good for the highway. Is there a tire you are aware of that doesn’t sacrifice looks much that is good for highway? Maybe a hair better with gas mileage? I drive in Florida, so mainly flat with no snow. Rain in the summer.

Thank you!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could go with a 4 or 6 ply AT tire instead of the 10 ply tires that came on the Rebel. That would cut weight a lot. I went with 4 ply Les Schwab Open Range AT tires on our Limited, but went with 20 inch tires and aftermarket wheels. It rides just as well as it did with the factory setup.

Attachments

• Limited 4.jpg
    Limited 4.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 14

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately in the 275/70R18 you're not going to find many tires outside of the E load range. I've been extremely happy with my Cooper AT3 XLT's, but they're definitely a heavy AT tire.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Generals are about the only C range tire, and the ATX may have the look you want, but I doubt the mileage to go with it.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen many complain about vibrations in their trucks. Years ago, my Silverado became victim to the frame shake after I replaced the tires. I had the E rated BFG AT KO on it at first and decided to lessen the unsprung weight and went to D rated BFG AT KOs. After that change is when I noticed the frame shake.

So, does the additional rotating mass of the E rated tires smooth out the RAM? Will changing to a a lighter tire allow for the before mentioned vibration that many RAM owners complain of?

Users who are viewing this thread