5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel suspension differences

Booch

Reaction score
Hello all.

Long time Ram owner here, and considering getting back into a Rebel. I had one in 2015, but have been in 2500s since. Now that my towing days are done for a while, I’m probably getting back into a Rebel.

I’ve been searching high and low trying to get factual information about the 1” lift on the new Rebel. Do both the coil and air suspension Rebels have the 1” lift, or is it just on the air suspension (normal mode)? And is it a body lift, or suspension lift?

Thanks.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure about the air suspension trucks, but on the coil truck, it's based on the spring. I also suspect part of it comes from the 33" tires to get that 1".

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On the air suspension trucks, the lift is accomplished simply by programming Normal to sit 1" higher. This is the same method used for non-Rebels that have the air suspension and Off-Road Group.

Boston

Reaction score
Follow up question:

Is the lowest Air suspension setting as low as on other Rams?

Thinking air has to be spec’d to help short wife and aging in laws

Thanks

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge, yes. It drops a LOT. I use it for exactly the same purpose (wife and in-laws). It’s also awesome for checking the oil, loading the bed, detailing, etc.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
On the air suspension trucks, the lift is accomplished simply by programming Normal to sit 1" higher. This is the same method used for non-Rebels that have the air suspension and Off-Road Group.

So it OR2 the same height in a rebel as a non rebel? I’m shocked (pun) that there would be no difference anywhere else.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So it OR2 the same height in a rebel as a non rebel? I’m shocked (pun) that there would be no difference anywhere else.
There is no OR2 in a Rebel (or in a non-Rebel with the ORG). There’s just one “Off Road” setting (and 4 total settings), since that 1” over normal is the same height as 2” over normal for other trucks.

The air socks have only 4” total travel in all cases. The only difference is that “Normal” is set 1” higher in Rebels and ORG-equipped trucks.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
There is no OR2 in a Rebel (or in a non-Rebel with the ORG). There’s just one “Off Road” setting (and 4 total settings), since that 1” over normal is the same height as 2” over normal for other trucks.

The air socks have only 4” total travel in all cases. The only difference is that “Normal” is set 1” higher in Rebels and ORG-equipped trucks.
I would assume that it makes the ride a little bit more stiff but the 18” rims and sidewall difference softens it some?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would assume that it makes the ride a little bit more stiff but the 18” rims and sidewall difference softens it some?
I can only speak for my truck—a Longhorn with the ORG and air. I think it can be a bit stiff on small bumps with the ORG (20” wheels), but the air suspension helps smooth the ride and is awesome in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/