5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel stock rear Bilsteins on a Laramie

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Had a set of the rear stock shocks off a Rebel, same year as my Laramie, given to me. Is this something I can just plug and play or will I have to swap some components to make it work?

TXoneton86

Reaction score
I honestly can’t tell you if it changed the rear height at all because I didn’t measure before and after install. They ride great, I only had the original shocks on for about 1200 miles (mostly highway) so I can’t tell you if there’s a huge difference in ride quality but in my opinion they’re definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Sorry I couldn’t be of anymore help

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I honestly can’t tell you if it changed the rear height at all because I didn’t measure before and after install. They ride great, I only had the original shocks on for about 1200 miles (mostly highway) so I can’t tell you if there’s a huge difference in ride quality but in my opinion they’re definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Sorry I couldn’t be of anymore help
Appreciate it. I only have 3900 miles on it and much highway as yourself so I may not be any help to myself lol either way I figure it's an upgrade whether little to big

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No change to ride height, but should be a nice upgrade in capability with the remote resis. I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on ride quality after install. If all comes down to valving for compression and rebound and I’m not sure many (if any) people here have insight to how it’ll change ride response.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
No change to ride height, but should be a nice upgrade in capability with the remote resis. I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on ride quality after install. If all comes down to valving for compression and rebound and I’m not sure many (if any) people here have insight to how it’ll change ride response.
Well I'll be throwing them on in a week or so. I'll give some insight

Users who are viewing this thread