5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel/sport hood mod

JBeckman

Reaction score
You ordering from the dealer or rockauto?

Part 68276297AA ?? Also does the hood already come with the plastic pieces or is this a separate order?

I grabbed a list from another post for all the components. I'll include a pic. There are 3pc of plastic. 2 hood vent, 1 cowl vent.

The list was priced out using wholesalemopar.com I believe. Screenshot_20181221-203540_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
agree!! Chrome would add to the truck.

Let us know what you find on possible functionality those vents can be, if any

JBeckman

Reaction score
agree!! Chrome would add to the truck.

Let us know what you find on possible functionality those vents can be, if any

I'm going to start an order today. Once I have parts in hand, I'll start a new thread with my findings and outcome.

geotex1

Reaction score
You don't need a local hydrodipper. There a TONS out there that do mail order. Most are side business guys. I've done hundreds of parts via this process from my 2004 Yukon interior and hot rod projects to poly stocks on various firearms to computer cases to picture frames. In skilled hands, this is awesome stuff. You're looking for straight chrome look so this is easy for hydrodip. It's the woodgrains and patterns that require higher skill levels.

Mad1Troop

Reaction score
I want to do this mod on my "Built to Serve" but it seems that the hood by its self without the everything on it is running for $570 each louver is $30 and the plastic middle piece is $100.

Attachments

• Resized_123_1004.jpeg
    Resized_123_1004.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 81

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Plus factor in you’ll need to have it painted and yes the cost adds up..

Joncin

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to make the center piece functional? I mean actually vent? I installed a vararam grabber CAI on my 2019 Laramie sport, but due to the hood contour, it doesn’t seal and is pulling hot air from the engine bay. If this center vent was cut (including the hood and liner) it seems like a good solution. Looking for thoughts on unintended consequences.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 49

Burner1352

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any updates on this from the guys who wanted to make the vents functional. As I want to do the same on my rebel. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread