5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel rocker panel guards removal

GermanDreams

Reaction score
I'm curious if the black rocker panel guards on rebel doors are removable. I've been looking to get a rebel, and most I find have them, but I've found some pictures online without them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious if the black rocker panel guards on rebel doors are removable. I've been looking to get a rebel, and most I find have them, but I've found some pictures online without them.
They are painted, not covers

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
black was an option. if you order one from the factory you can choose mono color instead of 2 tone

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your best bet is to order the truck mono, you could always have black vinyl installed to simulate them painted if you change your mind. It's harder to color match going the other way if you want to go mono later.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your best bet is to order the truck mono, you could always have black vinyl installed to simulate them painted if you change your mind. It's harder to color match going the other way if you want to go mono later.
the two-tone black is not regular black. it's got those metallic flakes in it making it extra hard to match.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
the two-tone black is not regular black. it's got those metallic flakes in it making it extra hard to match.

Absolutely, if you want a perfect factory match, it wouldn't be so easy to match metallic flake, but they do have vinyl for that. I personally would just go with gloss black, I wouldn't be able to notice, though I'm sure I don't speak for everyone on that.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely, if you want a perfect factory match, it wouldn't be so easy to match metallic flake, but they do have vinyl for that. I personally would just go with gloss black, I wouldn't be able to notice, though I'm sure I don't speak for everyone on that.
yeah i didn't know about the metallic flakes until I took delivery. I was like wafawk I should've went mono LOL

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Appreciate everyone's feedback. I've never looked into or owned a rebel so I wasn't sure.

GermanDreams

Reaction score
hey at least you ask before buying.

I ordered my Rebel without even test driving a Ram 1500 or went to the dealer to look at one lol
I did the same thing when I got my 2019 Laramie Sport lol! I sold it during the crazy covid/chip shortage prices but been missing it ever since. I found a few used rebels locally but they are overpriced and all mega cabs. Also, used car APR prices are insane!
Still trying to figure out a plan forward.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the black on my white. It ties the bumpers together, but why it wasn't satin black to somewhat match... I keep thinking I'll have the black covered in satin vinyl...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I got my 2019 Laramie Sport lol! I sold it during the crazy covid/chip shortage prices but been missing it ever since. I found a few used rebels locally but they are overpriced and all mega cabs. Also, used car APR prices are insane!
Still trying to figure out a plan forward.
You mention them being all megacabs - do you mean crew cab? The Rebel is not available in quad cab anymore - it’s crew cab only.
And for what it’s worth, the lower two-time paint is intended to provide a visual effect of making the truck look higher off the ground.

GermanDreams

Reaction score
You mention them being all mega cabs - do you mean crew cabs? The Rebel is not available in quad cab anymore - it’s crew cab only.
And for what it’s worth, the lower two-time paint is intended to provide a visual effect of making the truck look higher off the ground.
Not megacab, sorry. Three trucks in my local area are from 2019-2020, and they are quad cabs. I checked them out in person, but not sure how I feel about the small back seat area. My Laramie was a crew cab and all that room was amazing.

Still working with the dealership on a white 2019 rebel quad cab with 60k miles and red interior. They are asking 36k but trying to get that price down.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was excited about and set on a quad cab, till I adjusted the driver's seat, and my wife and I both sat in back. We realized the leg room was the same as the Frontier crew cab I was selling, and back seat space was part of the reason for selling.

Now I have a truck with enough back seat leg room to park the old Frontier.

GermanDreams

Reaction score
I was excited about and set on a quad cab, till I adjusted the driver's seat, and my wife and I both sat in back. We realized the leg room was the same as the Frontier crew cab I was selling, and back seat space was part of the reason for selling.

Now I have a truck with enough back seat leg room to park the old Frontier.
I agree 100%. Just talked to the dealership and I'm going to order a crew cab rebel. They only have yellow ones on the load and I couldn't get past the color lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Just talked to the dealership and I'm going to order a crew cab rebel. They only have yellow ones on the load and I couldn't get past the color lol.
That yellow has potential. Like the Havoc Edition TRX, it could be a corporate sponsorship opportunity.

1699996596380.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/