5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel rear window leak!

limechallenger

Reaction score
I've got a 2020 Rebel and just noticed a drip running down the inside of my rear window. I know this is a common problem,as I read about it on this forum in the past. My question is can this be a warranty claim or not? I purchased my truck used but it was certified used through a Chrysler dealership. They informed me me that certified meant I got extended warranty. Any help would be appreciated!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've got a 2020 Rebel and just noticed a drip running down the inside of my rear window. I know this is a common problem,as I read about it on this forum in the past. My question is can this be a warranty claim or not? I purchased my truck used but it was certified used through a Chrysler dealership. They informed me me that certified meant I got extended warranty. Any help would be appreciated!

There is an extended the warranty on the rear window, there is a thread discussing it somewhere. Not sure if they will replace the window or put a bead of silicone in there, there have been talks that the TSB no longer will replace the window, but stop the leak with urethane.

From what I understand, the warranty is extended to 150K for both the rear window and the third brake light. Just call your dealer and make an appointment. Vehicle warranties usually don't care if you are not the original owner.

Users who are viewing this thread