5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Order Options comfort and convenience group?

TruckeeTahoe

Reaction score
I just ordered a Rebel since I couldn't find what we were looking for. It's not shown on the Ram website but on the order form there is an option for a $695 comfort and convenience group that includes heated rear, seats, wireless charging and remote rear tailgate. All sounds great but I don't see that it's an available option unless it's a new option. Does anyone know if this option actually exists for the Rebel or is this going to mess up my order?

dpregs

Reaction score
I'd be interested in the outcome, because when I ordered my 2020 Rebel I thought I was getting the wireless charger, heated rear seats, and remote tailgate but it didn't have it. The salesman showed me a printout afterwards saying that I didn't order it, which is crazy because I ordered EVERYTHING I could on it. The order code was something like AFB.

TruckeeTahoe

Reaction score
Yep, I guess we will see how it shakes out. Hopefully it doesn't cause a delay. All literature from magazines and publications say it will be standard starting in 2020. That being said it's on the order as AFB for $695 so maybe it's a late addition or maybe it doesn't exist at all. I have it on the print out and went through the order together with dealer on 12/21.

PS I called FCA a few times to see what had to say but they wouldn't answer any questions, couldn't tell me if it's an option and said they can't help until I have a VIN.

VETTE277

Reaction score
I'm looking for the remote tailgate, so you guys are saying even with the Rebel 12 option it is not included ? I also got the split tailgate, without AFB no remote tailgate ?

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
The "Comfort Package" is new for the 2020 Rebels.
It is supposedly standard on the 2020 Rebels...but doesn't seem like it.
Includes:
Power Tailgate Release
Wireless Charging
Rear Heated Seats
12-Way Power Driver's Seat

I was curious about this as well as it doesn't show up on the site when doing a build, but i figured the dealers would show it when building a new truck to order.
Anyone else have any info on this?

**EDIT**
As of now, it isn't a standard option, but like @TruckeeTahoe said, you can add it on a new build, code AFB, for $695.
Just confirmed with local dealer.

Last edited:

TruckeeTahoe

Reaction score
Finally got the complete built sheet from FCA chat on ordered Rebel yesterday. It does show the AFB group and on the long form sheet that shows all build features and it shows remote tailgate, memory drivers seat, heated rear seats and wireless charging. This is in USA. Despite articles from CNET, Pickuptrucks.com, moparinsiders.com and lots of other sites it is NOT standard on the Rebel but a $695 msrp feature.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the complete built sheet from FCA chat on ordered Rebel yesterday. It does show the AFB group and on the long form sheet that shows all build features and it shows remote tailgate, memory drivers seat, heated rear seats and wireless charging. This is in USA. Despite articles from CNET, Pickuptrucks.com, moparinsiders.com and lots of other sites it is NOT standard on the Rebel but a $695 msrp feature.

Wait so they have Memory seating now? Is this part of the package? I don’t want that other fluff but not having memory is the biggest issue I have with my 19

VETTE277

Reaction score
It's ridiculous this is not included with the Rebel 12 package.

Reverse

Reaction score
About time the Rebel gets a few more features to justify its price compared to Laramie and Limited.

dpregs

Reaction score
The option being available on the 2020 is great, but makes me dislike my salesman even more. I really wanted memory seat.

Big3MG

Reaction score
Last edited:

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
They added seat memory with convenience group. It’s listed in the latest brochure showing options and configurations I found online.
I ordered my Rebel on January 31st 2020, the Comfort and Convenience Group (AFB) was a $0 option. I'm not sure what's included in the option, however my sales rep threw it in because well, it was $0. Just like the rear wheel liners, $0, so just added them onto the build. I guess ill find out if the truck has memory seats in about 5 weeks.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
The safety/convenience group (AAU) is an $895 option (at least for the Rebel). Confirm that this option code was listed. I also ordered Rebel 12 package And see now that seat/pedal/mirror memory settings is part of the Rebel 12 package. Convenience package includes the USB ports, AC converter in rear console, phone charger on top of dash, etc. I ordered Jan 7. Look at attached 2020 RAM 1500 Buyer’s Guide. Rebel 12 option is at the end.
I did not order the safety convenience group

VETTE277

Reaction score
I'm not seeing it as standard with the Rebel 12 package according to that document, unless I'm missing it.

d21arren

Reaction score
The not having wireless charging is my biggest gripe. My 19 truck has every other option available, but does not have wireless charging. There is the little shelf there to put the phone up to, but no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread