5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel or ORP struts on Non ORP truck for leveling

OhioBigHorn

Reaction score
Good Evening

This may have been asked before. I was just wondering if I got a set of Rebel or ORP struts assemblies would it give me any noticeable level? I've seen a few takeoff sets on marketplace for a good price. Is there any difference between rebel and ORP struts? I know I could go with the 2 inch rough country struts. Just don't want to be front end high. Thought maybe the 1 inch higher factory struts might look better with my stock size tires. Also would anyone have part numbers for these? I have a V8 model. Thanks

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could certainly do this. It's just a Bilstein 4600 shock with the one inch longer coil. A better solution for you is the Bilstein 5100. You can keep your current coil and you have 7 settings to place your perch. You could just set it to the one inch setting. This would be cheaper than buying the shocks and coils for the ORP and would also be cheaper than the Rough Country coil overs. And you'd have a much better shock that is valved to handle the lift and larger tires should you decide to go that route. I also cannot imagine any situation where two inches in front would make you nose high. Good luck friend.

OhioBigHorn

Reaction score
You could certainly do this. It's just a Bilstein 4600 shock with the one inch longer coil. A better solution for you is the Bilstein 5100. You can keep your current coil and you have 7 settings to place your perch. You could just set it to the one inch setting. This would be cheaper than buying the shocks and coils for the ORP and would also be cheaper than the Rough Country coil overs. And you'd have a much better shock that is valved to handle the lift and larger tires should you decide to go that route. I also cannot imagine any situation where two inches in front would make you nose high. Good luck friend.
If I put these 5100 Bilsteins on clip 5 or maybe less would I need to replace the control arms?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as you can get a good alignment you don't need uca's.

OhioBigHorn

Reaction score
Ordered the Bilsteins tonight. Any idea on what setting I should go with.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as you don't have the orp you can go to 7. If you do then 5. The closer you go to 3 inches the more likely you will need uca's. Details of the settings come in the box with the installation instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread