5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel - OEM Exhaust Tip Replacement Color Change?

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Would've posted this under the accessories section but given the same are supplied with every Rebel, I figured this is probably Rebel specific.

First off, I've got a 2019. Rebel package, nothing extra done to the exhaust.

I've recently had some bodywork done on the rear end of my truck which included replacement of one of my exhaust tips. All parts approved were OEM. Upon delivery of my truck after work was completed, I found that the replaced tip was a dark chrome.

Bodyshop contacted dealer where they got the parts from and dealer says they sent the right tip, but a revision was done in 2021 to the tips on the Rebel package, changing them from balck to dark chrome.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

TIA,

David

lewdogg21

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Night Edition rebel and yes the tips are chrome. That and the lug nuts are the only chrome on the truck. I replaced the lug nuts with black ones and it looks so much better. I recently "re-noticed" the chrome tips and googled other options as a full chrome delete is what I would like to see. I also want to tint the front windows/windshield as well so that takes precedence.

Users who are viewing this thread