5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel now has red R-A-M grill letters and red tow hooks!!!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got tow hooks painted with Duplicolor primer and Flame red PR4 rattle cans and they are back on rig. Yesterday, I put on red die cut vinyl front grill letters. They have a little more orange tinge than I expected as they are "Mopar licensed" from ReflectiveConcepts.com and thought maybe would be a perfect paint match. (....only $15 and took 5 minutes) I am excited to get your feedback as front of Rebels kinda need a little something to break up all the black. I attached pictures with tow mirrors normal and wide like a bull moose....lol My adult IMG_3391.JPG IMG_3406.JPG IMG_3408.JPG son likes the wide look. Please let me know if you like letters and hooks. :)

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good to me... the 'orange' tinge could be from the all black on the grill. Send Reflective Concepts an email with a pic and see what they say...

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, we think alike as I did just that! No answer yet. There are a lot of automotive grade vinyl films on market (3M, Avery, trimbrite,etc) so it would seem one of them would make a close color match as Chrysler flame red is a common red shade. Factory GMC letters are a little orangish and they seem to always look ok so not a big deal. I could paint them if it really bothers me in future.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
The red tow hooks are awesome! And I also agree the ram letters are just a tad orange, but im sure it won't be too hard to find a darker red.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks good, mine is Billet Metallic and front RAM is silver so won't have to put anything on mine. Love the tow hooks though.;)

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard back from ReflectiveConcepts.com and they said they have had difficulty matching "flame red" OEM paint color with existing vinyl films on market. They plan on custom making a matching vinyl after Jan 2019. They are bringing to market a hood stripe for sport Rebel hood soon so that could be a great Rebel addition for the future! Thanks for feedback!!! They also offer (besides colors) a carbon fiber dark gray/black vinyl that might look good on your Billet Metallic ........hmmmmmm It's a thought

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got tow hooks painted with Duplicolor primer and Flame red PR4 rattle cans and they are back on rig. Yesterday, I put on red die cut vinyl front grill letters. They have a little more orange tinge than I expected as they are "Mopar licensed" from ReflectiveConcepts.com and thought maybe would be a perfect paint match. (....only $15 and took 5 minutes) I am excited to get your feedback as front of Rebels kinda need a little something to break up all the black. I attached pictures with tow mirrors normal and wide like a bull moose....lol My adult View attachment 10121 View attachment 10122 View attachment 10123 son likes the wide look. Please let me know if you like letters and hooks. :)

With those red tow hooks you could swap out the RAM letters for JEEP and turn a few heads...
Wonder if they'd be offended if you made it a Rubicon Ram?

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny you said that about JEEP on front as that crossed my mind. Would look cool and could easily be done on rear tailgate also. I have ordered TRX decals in matte black that look just like the ones on the Rebel TRX concept truck that is Raptor like (decals on side rear quarter panels near taillights) with big suspension and bulging fenders. It would add a little interest to sides as Rebels have no 4x4 labels on sides and most other truck brands put some kind of graphics on those rear panels. Ford FX4, Toyota TRD, Chev Z71, etc (4x4 decal seems a little blah) TRX decal is a little bigger. This just in.....My Magnaflow cat back is finally shipping ....woohoo! Should be here Friday...yeah! See TRX concept truck decals below.... IMG_3426.JPG IMG_3424.JPG IMG_3425.JPG

Last edited:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good. Also there is a "Rebel" with "Off Road" under it I saw on one of the sites. Go to " Supdec.com" and search Rebel. All kinds of options at this overseas company. See pics I attached. IMG_3427.JPG IMG_3428.JPG

Last edited:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got tow hooks painted with Duplicolor primer and Flame red PR4 rattle cans and they are back on rig. Yesterday, I put on red die cut vinyl front grill letters. They have a little more orange tinge than I expected as they are "Mopar licensed" from ReflectiveConcepts.com and thought maybe would be a perfect paint match. (....only $15 and took 5 minutes) I am excited to get your feedback as front of Rebels kinda need a little something to break up all the black. I attached pictures with tow mirrors normal and wide like a bull moose....lol My adult View attachment 10121 View attachment 10122 View attachment 10123 son likes the wide look. Please let me know if you like letters and hooks. :)
I think it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/