5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel not for off road

Marios1120

Reaction score
I am torn on what to get. I’m in the market for a truck and I narrowed it down to a Ram 1500. I’m just not sure which trim to get. I love the look of the Rebel with the Rebel 12 package but I will most likely not be using for off road. I’m thinking should I go with a Bighorn or Larime with the night edition package or stick with the what I really like in the Rebel? Thanks everyone!

spinxt

Reaction score
I am torn on what to get. I’m in the market for a truck and I narrowed it down to a Ram 1500. I’m just not sure which trim to get. I love the look of the Rebel with the Rebel 12 package but I will most likely not be using for off road. I’m thinking should I go with a Bighorn or Larime with the night edition package or stick with the what I really like in the Rebel? Thanks everyone!
Got with the Laramie and put a modest lift on it with a nice set of A/T tires...you’ll get the look you want without all the off-road features you don’t need

Marios1120

Reaction score
Thanks Konrad. I should’ve been more specific. I’m just curious if anyone else here has a Rebel and drives it mainly as a daily driver.

Ramboy40

Reaction score
Test drive one and see if you are ok with the extra noise from the more aggressive tires on the rebel. Even guys that go off road drive 99 percent on road. If you like it buy it!

Kob0583

Reaction score
I have a rebel as a daily driver, as long as you’re realistic about MPG it’s great, truck rides very nice but MPG could be better. I don’t feel it’s horrible but a big difference between the rebel and the 17 Ridgeline I had before. If you are buying new I’m always of the mind to get exactly what I want within my means of course but if you are going to spend a lot on a truck it should be what you want, unless it’s a project toy that building is a different case. I average around 16.5-17 mixed driving, 19-20 straight HWY. it’s rated 22 Hwy but the 3.92 is likely not going to get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
I would be willing to wager that the vast majority of Rebel drivers, much like Wrangler drivers, aren’t taking their trucks off road regularly. I got a 4x4 Laramie, sometimes wish I would have went with a Rebel but not a fan of the Rebel grill. Get what you like.

Trebel

Reaction score
Thanks Konrad. I should’ve been more specific. I’m just curious if anyone else here has a Rebel and drives it mainly as a daily driver.
I do drive my 2019 as a daily and love it . I think the Rebel fit my needs very well and I wouldn’t change my decision :)

fridge

Reaction score
I daily drive my 19 Rebel and love it as well. No complaints here and wouldn't change my decision. My wife loves it as well...she is always trying to find a reason why she needs to drive it too.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I daily drive my 2019 Rebel and couldn’t be happier. I only wish it had heated back seats for the rare occasion I have passengers. But it’s like having the best of both worlds, aggressive look and smooth ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I personally don't care for the rebel looks... I would only buy a rebel if I needed it's off road upgrades (not really THAT much over an off road package Laramie/bighorn).

For most people I'd recommend getting the trim you like bighorn/Laramie/limited, then add lift and tires if that's the look you want.

But.... Everyone should spend their hard earned money in the way that makes them happy. That's The most important factor... What makes you happy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
I love the Rebel aesthetics, I don't plan on doing much off-roading. Get what you like. There are a couple things that you can't get with the Rebel that I wish I had, but I really enjoy the truck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bearman95

Reaction score
I went with the Laramie instead of the Rebel because I like the auto 4 x 4 on the Laramie. I did not see a rebel with Auto 4x4. Also the only one of the trucks that I really like is the sport which is what I purchased.

Rexx

Reaction score
I really like the look of the rebel but without vented seats I would never buy one. I love having vented seats. It’s pretty common for me to be driving with the vented seats on and my wife to be in the passenger seat with her heated seat on.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If ya have the money and really like the look go for it. Who cares if you take it off road or not. Your money your truck, YOU have to love it no one else.

This, this!

Ever hear the saying "if you don't look back after you parked it, you didnt buy the right car/truck"? Who cares if you don't take it off-road. How many people actually race their Hellcats? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread