5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Muffler Recommendations

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on best muffler with least amount of drone for my 2019 Rebel. Still want to get some throaty sound to it but want to keep the drone to a minimum. I will be keeping MDS going (no tuning) and the stock resonators installed.

Thanks in advance!

Venom700

Reaction score
There are tons of threads on this and a lot of opinions. The consensus seems to be whether or not you want to pay for a full catback or not.

bigtymetexan

Reaction score
All I am looking for is a simple muffler swap (no full catback or otherwise). I will see what else is on the other threads.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I still stand by my Borla muffler paired with oem tips suggestion. When you finally decide, please post what you’ve arrived at. :)

WIREBEL

Reaction score
I went with a Magnaflo (18") because I've had GREAT results with them on other vehicles. I like it on my '19, too...but with the additional resonators, it's not as loud as I would have liked. Sounds great, but not as loud as I was expecting, based on my past experiences. NO drone, though.

kipeharris

Reaction score
I will post a couple of videos of the Borla ProXS 40353 with the resonators removed.

kipeharris

Reaction score
More and my last video of the Borla ProXS 40353 with the resonator delete. Let me know if there are any others you would like to see.

What is everyone's feedback on the combination? I think it is a little louder than what I was hoping for and will try sealing the weep holes on the resonators and reinstalling them... I do like the deep tone.

Harleynightster1

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2019 rebel ...within 3 days I put an exhaust on lol I deleted all resonators 1 before cat and 2 after and did straight pipes with 5” tips! It’s extremely loud and sounds great with the new tips...I had a super 10 on my last ram and this sounds way better !

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This video is of the B2 Fabrication Bolt Muffler (DR-06 Moderate).

(I should note that I left all 3 stock resonators in place to avoid drone in MDS mode.)

I have also added the Mopar 5" Black Exhaust Tips Mopar (82216079AA) & Mopar RAM AirFlow Intake Kit (77072428AB)

A little deeper tone than the stock chrome tips.

millrat

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on best muffler with least amount of drone for my 2019 Rebel. Still want to get some throaty sound to it but want to keep the drone to a minimum. I will be keeping MDS going (no tuning) and the stock resonators installed.

Thanks in advance!
just wondering what you decided on as I am looking for the same??

STR

Reaction score
Whether cat-back or just a muffler, Borla has that signature deep throaty traditional V8 sound with little to no drone. Second would be probably be MagnaFlow... then Flowmaster, MBRP, etc., but the quality starts dropping off. You want 300 Series stainless steel if you plan to keep it a long time. If not, then 400 Series , or even aluminized will work, but they’ll eventually rust. Corsa is also high quality, but has a higher pitch exotic tone best suited for performance driven sports cars, like a Z06, which I have it installed on... Sound is subjected. I suggested surfing YouTube using headphones, or going to a few car shows to hear it in person.

Users who are viewing this thread