5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Issue - Vinyl Cracking

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Hey folks. Came across an issue with my vinyl seats. Drivers side bolster just above the controls. Sitting in the seat creates a crease down the side that over time has created a crack in the vinyl. Contacted FCA and the dealership is replacing under warranty but I'm just curious how many others have had this issue. 41000km and I bought it brand new last August (Taken a few road trips since then. Lol)

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That sucks, you got a picture of it? Normally in the past, my vinyl seats were more resistant to cracking. I do have the small creases on the sides, but I'm not a lightweight. However my car has a lot less miles.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I'll reply with some pics for sure when I get a chance. Think I need an upgraded account for that

You shouldn't, my account is standard, but it may take a few post or a few days to get that activated. Can't wait to see what the dealer says, hopefully they realize its a material fault and not try to blame you for it.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Main reason I got my GoRhino RB20's put on so instead of sliding on the seat and wearing out the edge of the seat now I can step into the cab.

Six_Swix

Reaction score
That sucks, you got a picture of it? Normally in the past, my vinyl seats were more resistant to cracking. I do have the small creases on the sides, but I'm not a lightweight. However my car has a lot less miles.
Going information warranty tomorrow

Attachments

• 20200429_192828.jpg
    20200429_192828.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 20200429_192832.jpg
    20200429_192832.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200429_192836.jpg
    20200429_192836.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 106

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Going information warranty tomorrow

That sucks, mine is so far fine, I've started to actually use my steps to get up and down so I don't stress the material, though I'm wondering if I should accelerate it so I can get it fixed under warranty?

Six_Swix

Reaction score
That sucks, mine is so far fine, I've started to actually use my steps to get up and down so I don't stress the material, though I'm wondering if I should accelerate it so I can get it fixed under warranty?
Lol.

One thing that I think may aggravate it. I'm not sure but now that I've seen the way it cracks. Sitting in it too soon after wiping it down.

I use a very mild detergent and warm water to clean. But I noticed the vinyl is very thin and it looks like it might even be perforated the way it takes water in. It doesn't shed the water

Zeeya

Reaction score
35,300 miles and no cracks yet.. (Knock on wood). As mentioned above, I started using the steps to get in and out to help prevent it from happening. Warranty is almost out the window for me..

SD Rebel

Reaction score
35,300 miles and no cracks yet.. (Knock on wood). As mentioned above, I started using the steps to get in and out to help prevent it from happening. Warranty is almost out the window for me..

Should it crack out of warranty, even though his repair wasn't done by a spot fix, trust me, these upholstery guys, especially the ones that do work for dealerships rehabbing used cars and lease returns can do amazing things with spot repairs, especially vinyl where its impossible to see where it was done, usually really cheap as well.

Users who are viewing this thread