5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel front end restoration?

Cygnus A

Reaction score
My rebel black front bumper is starting to look a little rough after owning for 4 years. chips and scrapes mostly. But also the grill plastic is starting to look worn from sitting in the Arizona sun. What are the best ways to restore these two items to factory new like condition?

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
My rebel black front bumper is starting to look a little rough after owning for 4 years. chips and scrapes mostly. But also the grill plastic is starting to look worn from sitting in the Arizona sun. What are the best ways to restore these two items to factory new like condition?

I use this on my side by side black plastics and it works great. I'm sure it'll work good on the grill too.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried a bunch of plastic restorative stuff on my Titan. It eventually wears off. I then completely sprayed every piece of plastic with Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating. It's not a true bed liner product, but it's a somewhat rough, matte black finish. It stands up to the sun really well. Basically put it on everything: Fenders, grill, emblems, wiper cowl, wiper arms, window trim. Anything that had faded. It sprays evenly and holds up. These pics are from my 12 year old truck the summer before I traded it in on the Ram. Best of all, when it got damaged I just reapplied a couple more coats.
1698083156145.png 1698083178550.png 1698083206853.png

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tried a bunch of plastic restorative stuff on my Titan. It eventually wears off. I then completely sprayed every piece of plastic with Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating. It's not a true bed liner product, but it's a somewhat rough, matte black finish. It stands up to the sun really well. Basically put it on everything: Fenders, grill, emblems, wiper cowl, wiper arms, window trim. Anything that had faded. It sprays evenly and holds up. These pics are from my 12 year old truck the summer before I traded it in on the Ram. Best of all, when it got damaged I just reapplied a couple more coats.
View attachment 169809 View attachment 169810 View attachment 169811
I sprayed that on my DIY bed tool box 4 years ago, it is holding up pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread