5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Friends! Question

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have any wobble in mine. Now our highways up here are only 60mph so I maybe do 65 but I have had it up to 75-80 a few times.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '21 just made a 2000 mile trip at speeds up to 85 and it was as smooth as could be. After filing lemon law on 3 vehicles since 2016, I am ecstatic that I have not experienced ANY of the major issues I've read about here.

To be fair, two of the returned vehicles were buy backs and not lemon law. My 2015 Charger Scat Pack had a very simple issue that took a long time to find. During the troubleshooting, incorrect parts were installed. By the time the replacement car came in, all of the issues were resolved, but I wasn't allowed to keep the car. The second one was a Mustang GT that had a paint flaw. Ford did a fantastic job custom repainting of the car (they took it completely apart),but the paint starting to flake off the aluminum hood about a month later, so they bought the car back. Oh well.

Attachments

• ScatPack.jpg
    ScatPack.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20180108_160823 copy.jpg
    20180108_160823 copy.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 43

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Zero wobble.

2012 4th gen SXT crew Hemi retired.
Factory ordered 2021 Rebel Billet Silver Metallic EcoDiesel March 10, built May 18, build sheet May 19, window sticker May 22, delivered June 9. Dutchmen 268bhs 33’ trailer, 7600lbs +/- 100lbs loaded and scaled.

hyperx2002

Reaction score
No wobble at any speed. I have a 21 rebel. Sorry you are having trouble and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MudSticker19

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I found a few Rebel Eco’s near me, going to do a some test driving this weekend and hopefully I can get a good price for my ‘19 Laramie. But sick to my stomach a brand new ‘19 $65k and the dealership won’t even look at it because it’s been modified with a lift kit.

Camelot

Reaction score
Most likely the lift kit is your problem. Probably cheaper to restore it back to stock compared to buy a new truck.

MudSticker19

Reaction score
Most likely the lift kit is your problem. Probably cheaper to restore it back to stock compared to buy a new truck.
Problem was there before the lift kit was installed. After doing a lot of research, I think it’s a drivetrain issue IMHO but none the less with gas prices where they are at now and the ecodiesels getting 30+mpg, it’s a good time to swap out.

OBX_Rebel

Reaction score
Stock 2019 Rebel…other than first trip home when tire pressure was way out of specs, no issues at all. Currently have 40k miles on it.

Derek Dredger

Reaction score
No wobble in my Rebel. Is it a very high frequency vibration of low frequency vibration? I would definitely get the tires/wheels checked for balancing and alignment. This is the most obvious cause of vibration

Could be engine mounts but they shouldn't cause a wobble...more of a single clunck/vibration when accelerating/braking.

MudSticker19

Reaction score
Stock 2019 with non Etorque Hemi and no wobble on mine at all . In fact this is one of the smoothest riding vehicles I've ever driven in my 32 + years of driving .
So the Rebels do not have the issue. Makes me want to almost definitely say its the ram 1500's driveshaft that is the issue.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have no recollection of this but I might have driven my Rebel at speeds that could land one in a jail and cause a loss of a license.
A solid ride with no shakes or shimmy. Duratracks are getting little noisy with the miles piled on them.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So the Rebels do not have the issue. Makes me want to almost definitely say its the ram 1500's driveshaft that is the issue.
I’m not sure . My friend had a 2019 Limited and now a 2021 Limited and both his were completely smooth at any speed as well .

Users who are viewing this thread