5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel C-Code Blues

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just spoke with my salesman and he assured me a few extra miles won't be a problem... waiting for the email to have it in writing.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He said anything around "EDIT" 5000 would be fine... my truck is a 16' with 49k, pretty low mileage and I keep her clean and shinny. Which he knows.

EDIT: Misread the email from dealer, anything under an additional 5000km is ok... wow

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just spoke with my salesman and he assured me a few extra miles won't be a problem... waiting for the email to have it in writing.

You should be ok. When I ordered my '16 F150, I just had to keep my '14 under 36,000 miles so they could sell it with the factory warranty intact. I ordered my 2019 RAM at 52,000 miles and they said don't worry about it - knowing I drive roughly 30,000 miles a year. It was already out of warranty but an immaculate truck. They ended up getting my trade at 58,500 miles and no issues.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty content at this point. It's through commercial sales, my salesman assures me the build (currently D1) is on track for late July delivery. Estimated build date is first week of July.... which is the next time I'll be calling him. It seems my hands are tied due to it being a commercial fleet sale, I'm at his mercy for info. Still worth the savings!

TimG

Reaction score
Chatter on the internet says that the Rambox is now in production. Maybe now there will be some movement on my build (and everyone else's too)!

TimG

Reaction score
Today is day 30 of being in D-Status. Called Ram Customer Service for an update and................... They say its only day 2 of D-Status. Guess I've been bumped down, then back up. Who knows? Still no visible movement on MOTS. The wait continues...

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Ordered on July 3'rd, and wondering when was anyone's first update from the dealer. Told salesman to e-mail me updates. Realistically not expecting much till about 3 weeks in for first update.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered on July 3'rd, and wondering when was anyone's first update from the dealer. Told salesman to e-mail me updates. Realistically not expecting much till about 3 weeks in for first update.

I waited 35 days before asking for an update from sales... was still in D. Now that I have my buildsheet I'll keep checking for my window sticker.

TimG

Reaction score
Just got the following from Ram Customer Care:
"Hello Tim, As per our conversation on 07/17/2018 I have received the following information about your order: ** Please be advised, production of the eTorque engine has just began for the Ram 1500 lineup as it had a delayed production start time. Consumers vehicle was also ordered with the RamBox Cargo Management System; FCA is only building 10 Ram Trucks a day with the RamBox Cargo Management System. This process is slow and has extended the build timing of these trucks. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in 2-3 weeks for updates."

So... Nothing really new. Looks like they are standing firmly by the "10 RamBoxes per day" crud. I'm just surprised that they actually finally sent me an email! The wait continues!!!!

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I find it strange they stated that the e-Torque production has only just begun. I thought a few on these forums took delivery already of Ram's with that engine. Surprised that they are only doing 10 trucks a day with Rambox though. Hope that increases in time.

TimG

Reaction score
Just checked the Build Sheet and it looks correct. Window Sticker isn't ready yet.

Users who are viewing this thread