5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Bilstein struts and shocks on Non-ORP truck

TXoneton86

Reaction score
I looked around and couldn’t find the answer to this, I’m sorry if it’s already been covered. Ive recently been offered the factory Bilstein front and rear shocks/struts, I’ve got a 19 Bighorn 2wd non-ORP and I was wondering if they would even fit on my truck. Thanks in advance for any info

Scjon03

Reaction score
I looked around and couldn’t find the answer to this, I’m sorry if it’s already been covered. Ive recently been offered the factory Bilstein front and rear shocks/struts, I’ve got a 19 Bighorn 2wd non-ORP and I was wondering if they would even fit on my truck. Thanks in advance for any info

Yes it would. I have a Laramie w/ORG and the Rebel rear shocks installed just fine. Also note when I compare both ORG shock and Rebel rear shocks the ORG shock was slightly longer. Sooo yeah... either way it still worked.

The Rebel front struts/shocks would also work if you can ever found them for sale. But what I read is that the standard spring that comes the non Rebel is slightly smaller and will not fit over the Rebel Bilstein shocks. So you ll have to find both spring/shock or strut together. Now this is just what I heard and not confirm. So far I have not read anyone replacing their Rebel front struts yet.

TXoneton86

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info, I went ahead and got both strut (no spring) and the rear shocks. I’ll update here once I attempt to install them, but that could take a week or so because I’m gonna attempt to get some factory rebel springs to build a complete strut before I install them
Yes it would. I have a Laramie w/ORG and the Rebel rear shocks installed just fine. Also note when I compare both ORG shock and Rebel rear shocks the ORG shock was slightly longer. Sooo yeah... either way it still worked.

The Rebel front struts/shocks would also work if you can ever found them for sale. But what I read is that the standard spring that comes the non Rebel is slightly smaller and will not fit over the Rebel Bilstein shocks. So you ll have to find both spring/shock or strut together. Now this is just what I heard and not confirm. So far I have not read anyone replacing their Rebel front struts yet.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Ah you found the front shocks? Used or ordered them? Yes please do an update. Been looking for the fronts for a while.

TXoneton86

Reaction score
Ah you found the front shocks? Used or ordered them? Yes please do an update. Been looking for the fronts for a while.
Sorry it’s taken so long long for me to update. Yes sir I found some rebel front struts and rear shocks with only 60 miles on them for sale locally.
As for installation, the rear shocks bolted right up no problem. I did go to my local dealership and order the front springs for a rebel,as mentioned above they’re about one coil bigger and slightly thicker than the factory Bighorn springs, everything else about the struts are the same and they bolted right up without any issues as well. The entire job was super simple and straightforward, took about 2 hrs and 3 beers. The front of my truck was lifted about 1” over factory and the rear didn’t change. 70F78A9D-C1DA-4E3F-896D-EEF8C59A0E31.jpeg B5A26A3F-E7F2-4EB0-9FAA-91A88105C8B8.jpeg

Phoon

Reaction score
Sorry it’s taken so long long for me to update. Yes sir I found some rebel front struts and rear shocks with only 60 miles on them for sale locally.
As for installation, the rear shocks bolted right up no problem. I did go to my local dealership and order the front springs for a rebel,as mentioned above they’re about one coil bigger and slightly thicker than the factory Bighorn springs, everything else about the struts are the same and they bolted right up without any issues as well. The entire job was super simple and straightforward, took about 2 hrs and 3 beers. The front of my truck was lifted about 1” over factory and the rear didn’t change. View attachment 40319 View attachment 40320
How does it ride compared to stock?

Scjon03

Reaction score
As for installation, the rear shocks bolted right up no problem. I did go to my local dealership and order the front springs for a rebel,as mentioned above they’re about one coil bigger and slightly thicker than the factory Bighorn springs, everything else about the struts are the same and they bolted right up without any issues as well. The entire job was super simple and straightforward, took about 2 hrs and 3 beers. The front of my truck was lifted about 1” over factory and the rear didn’t change.

Ah nice that you found the fronts. I still looking for them and no luck. Thanks for replying back with an update.

Users who are viewing this thread