5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Bilstein Shocks on Bighorn

deanfx

Reaction score
Will the rear shocks from a Rebel fit on a 4x4 Bighorn with no lift?

Scjon03

Reaction score
Yes it would. I have a Laramie and installed Rebel rear shocks. Be advised my Laramie has the ORG as well. The ORG shocks where also a little bit longer than the Bilstein but still works fine. As far as telling a difference between ORG shocks vs Rebel..... hmmmm nope.

Also note that the Rebel shocks where a little bit harder to push down by hand vs the ORG shocks.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Yes it would. I have a Laramie and installed Rebel rear shocks. Be advised my Laramie has the ORG as well. The ORG shocks where also a little bit longer than the Bilstein but still works fine. As far as telling a difference between ORG shocks vs Rebel..... hmmmm nope.

Also note that the Rebel shocks where a little bit harder to push down by hand vs the ORG shocks.

Do you have part #'s?

toxicfusion

Reaction score
Interesting... I have a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab as well.. regular, non ORG or non off road package...

Looking for cheaper alternative than the mopar fox shocks and considering Bilstien has yet to release 5100 series.

Questions:
1. the 68313613AC rebel rear shocks will fit. Will I also need the ORG rear coil springs?
2. What about the front shocks, any part number? Like to have the same 1"+ inch as the rebel has.

I do not want to use spacer/level kit. Rather do suspension so the geometry is correct. Wanting to be able to install 295/60r20's and not rub.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following...

The 5100’s are due out in the early part of 2020 according to some.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Interesting... I have a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab as well.. regular, non ORG or non off road package...

Looking for cheaper alternative than the mopar fox shocks and considering Bilstien has yet to release 5100 series.

Questions:
1. the 68313613AC rebel rear shocks will fit. Will I also need the ORG rear coil springs?
2. What about the front shocks, any part number? Like to have the same 1"+ inch as the rebel has.

I do not want to use spacer/level kit. Rather do suspension so the geometry is correct. Wanting to be able to install 295/60r20's and not rub.

Rebel rear shocks will fit any Ram Configuation You don’t need the springs. It is a direct swap out. Now the fronts is a different situation. I been looking and looking and no one has the front Rebel shocks for sale. Also on ram part stores shows the shock/struts are not available. I don’t have the part number any more for the fro ts since the ones I did have just comes up with nothing.

Scjon03

Reaction score
The Rebel rear shocks installed on my Ram 1500 wORG

Attachments

• 5CA9878E-65E9-453A-873D-E3E6D95D08FE.jpeg
    5CA9878E-65E9-453A-873D-E3E6D95D08FE.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 133

toxicfusion

Reaction score
The Rebel rear shocks installed on my Ram 1500 wORG

nice! Do you have a picture of the trucks stance as it stands? Would think it would have more forward rake with those rear shocks? as I believe those rebel shocks add 1"+ lift....

toxicfusion

Reaction score
maybe someone at dealer can get up under a Ram Rebel and pull part number off the front suspension.

Funny how bilstien manufactured these custom spec for the Rebel, but are delaying releasing their 5100 series for aftermarket........

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice! Do you have a picture of the trucks stance as it stands? Would think it would have more forward rake with those rear shocks? as I believe those rebel shocks add 1"+ lift....
The shocks do not add any lift. Ride height is determined only by the springs in the rear.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
hopeful someone can get us some P/N's off a Rebel front suspension and dealer can match up.

I believe rebel sits 1"+ higher than our stock 1500's. Otherwise, we pay full price for Mopar 2" lift. But its a nice kit....

I'm torn..... To do the rebel bilstien rear shocks, and then do the ready lift 2" Lift (with UCA's). Or go full kit....... Or to put the entire Ram rebel suspension on my laramie sport.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Yup the shocks do not add lift. All in the springs.
The Rebel and Rams with the off road group has a 1” lift from the factory.

the rear shocks off eBay aren’t the bad in price One on there going for 135 something. Brand new for the shocks are going for 250 something.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Just purchased rears for $149 shipped from ebay for my Bighorn. I have 3.5" Readylift with Stock shocks. Will see how these ride as the rear needed it most.

toxicfusion

Reaction score
Awesome, Let us know! I'm sure it'll be more planted as well as better ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/