5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Bilstein on big horn. Need advice.

Hokie-ram

Reaction score
Hi. I bought a set of OEM Rebel wheel take offs and the owner threw this in.

Is this for the front or the rear?
If I install this on my car would it give a 1 inch lift ?
I just want a 1 or 2 inch lift.

What are these worth if I want to sell it ?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 27

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
those are fronts.
they should give you 1" lift in the front

how much they are worth depends on how many miles and how much people are willing to pay for them.
I just sold my complete takeoffs with under 500 miles for like $250 or something. so... they ain't worth much.

Hokie-ram

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies everyone. If I install this on the front and get a 1" lift, do I need to do anything to compensate for the rear?

Hokie-ram

Reaction score
those are fronts.
they should give you 1" lift in the front

how much they are worth depends on how many miles and how much people are willing to pay for them.
I just sold my complete takeoffs with under 500 miles for like $250 or something. so... they ain't worth much.
And what kind of tent are you carrying? I have an iKamper SkyCamp mini.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies everyone. If I install this on the front and get a 1" lift, do I need to do anything to compensate for the rear?
Unless you want to keep the factory rake, no need to install anything in the rear.

rick619

Reaction score
How do these ride compared to the OEM suspension on a Big Horn? Sounds like a decent way to get a little more level.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And what kind of tent are you carrying? I have an iKamper SkyCamp mini.
in the profile picture that's Inspired Overland Lightweight RTT at 87lb. That was the original version.
Since then they got the hardshell carbon fiber version that saves like 7lb or so and larger size options.

But I've gone full camper - Go Fast Camper
1715227206066.png
Weight is just about 100lb more than bed rack and my RTT setup, or comparable (or less than) many hardshell RTT offered on market right now.
the GFC weights at about 295lb or so for full size trucks (XL), and it's much better for me because now I have an enclosed space for gear storage (no need to worry about open bed and thieves), more usable space for gear storage (compared to bed rack and cover like many people run), and a space for me to just hangout, relax, change my pants while standing up, etc.

rick619

Reaction score
Much better than OEM which I personally think SUCKS! Much more planted and firmer, so less wallowing like a boat.

Did you do just the front, or front and rear? Probably still a little bit of rake if just doing the front. Probably works well for 33's.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you do just the front, or front and rear? Probably still a little bit of rake if just doing the front. Probably works well for 33's.
I used Bilstein on my 2 4th Gens and Grand Cherokee. It depend on what setting you want as to lift or level the front end. You can run 33's stock. Yeah I wouldn't level with 33's. I like a slight rake anyways for my vehicles, just not factory rake. I would suggest do all 4 corners, so they all have the same valving and ride.

rick619

Reaction score
I used Bilstein on my 2 4th Gens and Grand Cherokee. It depend on what setting you want as to lift or level the front end. You can run 33's stock. Yeah I wouldn't level with 33's. I like a slight rake anyways for my vehicles, just not factory rake. I would suggest do all 4 corners, so they all have the same valving and ride.

Ok, cool. I'll probably pickup a set of take offs.

Users who are viewing this thread