5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 80psi !

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drove truck home all good but felt tires seemed wobbly on highway. Checked pressure when got home 80psi? Aired them down to the 55 front and 45 rear on placard all seems good now but thought how the heck they so high to begin with.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have had my oil changed at the fast lube and they filled my tires to the maximum psi on the tire sidewall rather than what was called for on the door placard.

I have found the best way to set tire pressures on oversized tires is to place a chalk mark across the tread section, and then drive for a bit on a hard surface road. If the chalk mark is worn off evenly, your pressure is about where it needs to be. If it wears off more in the center of the tire, the pressure is too high. If it wears off more on the outside edges of the tire, then they are under inflated.

When I ran 37 - 12.50's on my Ram 2500 Cummins, 50 was good in the front and about 38-40 in the rear. If I hauled a trailer or load, I increased the rears to 50.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I’ll do the chalk tip!

Kidder

Reaction score
My guess is the dealer moron who does prep thought it was a Power Wagon.

79 300

Reaction score
The tires are usually pumped up higher than normal for shipping. The dealer is supposed to check and lower them during prep, but many forget to.

Users who are viewing this thread