5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 6" lift

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a 6" lift available for the Rebel yet? The best I see are the leveling kits from mopar and ready lift.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there seems to be a lot of confusion on this, some say it’s fine and some say it’s not. Performance lifts thinks the rebel is 2” over stock, the ORG are 1” over. Others say they are same 1” over.

The fabtech dirt logic kit fits fine, just won’t be the full 6”. Any of the strut spacer kits are potentially going to be over stretched, but assuming it’s 1” over stock then it’s probably fine but hard to say really. I saw a procomp kit online, it all looked fine from the photos but again hard to really say I guess from that alone.

I’ve argued with performance lifts about this, on my truck the cv angle is so flat there’s just no way it’s 2” over stock. UCA and tierod all look great. Better than my old stock ford. And I think I read on here someone even measured all of them and it was 1”.

Unsure why the rough country kit says no rebel. I asked them, they said “they weren’t sure” lol. I’m sure someone there knows but he didn’t and didn’t seem to care.

Whenever BDS decides to grace us with their slightly above average kit that’s always over hyped, they will likely have a specific rebel kit. But I’d bet it’s a 4” only.

In conclusion, the fabtech and procomp kits should be fine. CST would maybe be questionable.

Is there a kit you want?

bloodholic

Reaction score
there seems to be a lot of confusion on this, some say it’s fine and some say it’s not. Performance lifts thinks the rebel is 2” over stock, the ORG are 1” over. Others say they are same 1” over.

The fabtech dirt logic kit fits fine, just won’t be the full 6”. Any of the strut spacer kits are potentially going to be over stretched, but assuming it’s 1” over stock then it’s probably fine but hard to say really. I saw a procomp kit online, it all looked fine from the photos but again hard to really say I guess from that alone.

I’ve argued with performance lifts about this, on my truck the cv angle is so flat there’s just no way it’s 2” over stock. UCA and tierod all look great. Better than my old stock ford. And I think I read on here someone even measured all of them and it was 1”.

Unsure why the rough country kit says no rebel. I asked them, they said “they weren’t sure” lol. I’m sure someone there knows but he didn’t and didn’t seem to care.

Whenever BDS decides to grace us with their slightly above average kit that’s always over hyped, they will likely have a specific rebel kit. But I’d bet it’s a 4” only.

In conclusion, the fabtech and procomp kits should be fine. CST would maybe be questionable.

Is there a kit you want?
I JUST WANT 6INCH BDS FOR REBEL NON AIR RIDE.

I dont know much about old model rebel but was there any 6 inch bds for non airide rebel

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
I agree with all you said. I also called rough county and they just said it won’t fit Rebel. I explained that some say there 6” will fit but they just say it won’t. I’m up for any options out there that will work properly without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fabtehc dirt logic will work no issue because it keeps the front end in their spec But you lose the rebel extra height.

For now that’s all we get.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, 5” with the dirt logic kit. You replace the factory strut

7” with the basic kit, you put the spacer on top of the factory strut.

This is a dirt logic kit from their IG.

Attachments

• 48C85B7A-2844-47B7-A25F-E06D7857D347.png
    48C85B7A-2844-47B7-A25F-E06D7857D347.png
    582 KB · Views: 100

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I guess RC does fit. They might just be saying that to avoid any legality issues.

Ram really didn’t do any of these companies a favor with all the different OEM combinations. And then the wheel hubs.

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
So I guess RC does fit. They might just be saying that to avoid any legality issues.

Ram really didn’t do any of these companies a favor with all the different OEM combinations. And then the wheel hubs.

Has anyone installed the RC 6” on the 2019 Rebel and been successful? Pics would be awesome!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the RC 6” on the 2019 Rebel and been successful? Pics would be awesome!

That gray one posted is a RC kit. Zoom in in the crossmember.

I’m pretty sure he created a thread on here I saw once. There’s also a white one somewhere. Might be in the same thread. You might be able to find it if you search. It’s in here or the medications section.

Rhworth05

Reaction score
Has anyone reached out to Fabtech to see what their recommendations are for their lift kit? I would like to see if they back their product for use on the “19 Rebels.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I talked to them about a month ago he said they have heard of numerous people doing it, but that they hadn’t done one themselves so he couldn’t give it the official ok.

Then I called around some 4wheelparts to see if any had done it, but most of those guys were clueless.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@jamesfg has installed the 6” Rough Country kit in his Rebel. No issues. The Rough Country kit uses a 5” top hat spacer and a 1” preload spacer. If you are worried about the angles, don’t use the preload spacer. That will give you 5” lift over a stock Rebel and 6” total over a regular truck. If you want to use the preload spacer you will get 6” over the stock Rebel and 7” over a regular truck.

In actuality, the extra inch shouldn’t hurt anything. It’s no different than taking a stock truck and leveling it.The kit is designed for 6” so that is why Rough Country says it won’t fit. They don’t want to be held liable if you have an issue.

Also, if you use the RC lift and toss the preload spacer, you will have an extra inch of rake. If you tow a lot and prefer that then great, but if you don’t just buy the rear springs from a standard non Rebel/non off-road package truck, and that will bring the rear down the extra inch.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is different. Most of the kits are about 4” diff drops. So they run the truck at 6, it’s essentially a 4” lift plus a 2” level. Adding the extra inch of rebel lift then stretches it another inch. So kind of like two leveling kits if you will.

There’s more to it than this but in a nutshell that’s whats going on with any of the oem lifted trucks. Without knowing the exact specs on the lifts (which no one provides) then you are potentially over stretching the kit.

Although I would agree it’s probably fine. Common sense goes a long way, if it looks bad then lower it

w69dy

Reaction score
any update on the RC 6" lift on a 2019 rebel? Im itching to lift my rebel but dont want to tear it all part to find out that the RC 6" doesnt work. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread