5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 3” Lift

Big_J

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Rebel, I’m planning to install the MotoFab DR-3F-2R (3” front & 2” rear spacers) with the Rough Country 31402 Upper Control Arms, along with new Rough Country 23161_J rear shocks (designed for 1-3” of rear lift). Since the Rebels have a factory 1” lift, I would like to know if anyone has installed this much lift in the front, and if the angle is too much on the front drive axles. Thanks!

robertsws

Reaction score
You should check with motofab, but I was under the impression the rebel coupdnt tale the 3" lift, in addition to the stock 1".

I went with a 2.5" lift with upper control arms. Can't say I really unerstand the added impact of that .5". I just went with what the specs on the lifts I looked at said. For all the 3" I looked at, there was small print that excluded the rebel.

Big_J

Reaction score
You should check with motofab, but I was under the impression the rebel coupdnt tale the 3" lift, in addition to the stock 1".

I went with a 2.5" lift with upper control arms. Can't say I really unerstand the added impact of that .5". I just went with what the specs on the lifts I looked at said. For all the 3" I looked at, there was small print that excluded the rebel.
Thanks! I’m going to order almost the exact same setup you have with MF 2.5”/1.5” w/ RC UCA and shocks, and KSP 1.5” wheel spacers with my factory 18” wheels and 33” tires for now.. till I get some 35”s.

Hank78

Reaction score
Robert, did you see anything about needing to drop the front differential a little for correct cc axle angles with the 3.5 total lift (1" rebel factory plus 2.5 motofab)?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Robert, did you see anything about needing to drop the front differential a little for correct cc axle angles with the 3.5 total lift (1" rebel factory plus 2.5 motofab)?
That’s definitely a concern. I didn’t like how angles look with a 2” tophat spacer. At full droop (like potholes, logs, etc) there’s just about no way it won’t damage the edges of the cup for the ball joints over time.

Users who are viewing this thread