5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 2021 and HUD

SharkLazer

Reaction score
I ordered a rebel 2021 last week and saw some announcements this week about options that weren't on the available list last week (that I know of)

Does anyone know if things like the HUD, LCD mirror and such are part of any packages or are they only standalone options?

Really hoping that the new things are part of the same named old packages, but I can't find anything confirming or denying that yet.

Thanks!

Asdavid

Reaction score
I ordered a 21 rebel and now I’m kicking myself for not adding the technology group. I don’t know if it’s worth it but the fomo is getting to me. As well as the power tow mirrors.

SharkLazer

Reaction score
Ordered mine in the Red & Black, but the info sheets I see "leaked" don't actually show that as an option. So might be a bit up in the air for colors still?

taumaz

Reaction score
I test drove a 2021 rebel this weekend with the HUD, I looked for a button to turn it on for the entire drive and could not figure it out. When I got back I asked the salesman how to turn it on and he replied “its on” ?

Turns out I could only see it if i bent down and looked right over the steering wheel or lowered the seat to its lowest position. And there is now way to raise it up or adust the placement at all.

The new rearview mirror is kinda cool but needs to be able to adjust the zoom +/- imo. Also, I think it would have been nice to have it capable of recording like a dash cam.

I’m sure the next gen of these features will fix all that.

Panicvector426

Reaction score
I test drove a 2021 rebel this weekend with the HUD, I looked for a button to turn it on for the entire drive and could not figure it out. When I got back I asked the salesman how to turn it on and he replied “its on” ?

Turns out I could only see it if i bent down and looked right over the steering wheel or lowered the seat to its lowest position. And there is now way to raise it up or adust the placement at all.

The new rearview mirror is kinda cool but needs to be able to adjust the zoom +/- imo. Also, I think it would have been nice to have it capable of recording like a dash cam.

I’m sure the next gen of these features will fix all that.
You can adjust the position of the HUD. I have it in my 2021 rebel. The adjustment options are in the cluster display, you can adjust the height so you can see it best at your angle because it is hard to see if it is at the wrong height, you can also adjust the brightness as well

WanderingDuc

Reaction score
There are videos out there that show both the rear view camera and the HUD being adjustable. Not saying it will adjust infinitely, but they both have adjustability to them.

Panicvector426

Reaction score
There are videos out there that show both the rear view camera and the HUD being adjustable. Not saying it will adjust infinitely, but they both have adjustability to them.
That is correct for both. Both can be adjusted vertically and brightness

outdoorco75

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2021 yesterday and have driven it quite a bit since then. I never wanted the tech package, but the deal I got from the dealer had one with it for a great price so I went with it. I can tell you a couple things, the HUD is cool but I am not sure I will keep it on. You can customize the HUD to have multiple formats, locations, brightness, height, etc... and you can turn it off in about 3 clicks on the center menu.

The rearview mirror camera is way better than I thought it would be. It allows you to see so much more out the back including most of your blindspots without using side mirrors. I have never owned a full size truck, so this is helping me a lot to get used to it's blindspots.

Hope that helps anyone on the fence.

taumaz

Reaction score
Ok I stand corrected, I took the salesman’s word for it that you could not adjust it. I was never getting that particular truck anyway so I did not investigate any further.

Panicvector426

Reaction score
Another thing I’ve realized with my HUD is that if you are wearing polarized sunglasses the display is hard to see. Without any glasses the display is very bright and obvious, with polarized glasses on, it’s almost as if the HUD looks like it is at the lowest brightness setting

Users who are viewing this thread