5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 20" Light Bar / Something different?

NORMANDYMIKE

Reaction score
I thought I'd try a little something different. I mounted a Black Oak MARINE Curved 20" inch. I'm 50/50 on it so far...not sure if I like it but it does blend well with the white front & opened up the all black center. Not real impressed with the Black Oak brand so far....(I'd return it if I could) ..I've got a Rigid E series 20 & Rough Country 20x5 & in side by side comparisons it comes last ( at twice the price ) .This post is to show my experience & help those that may be thinking of this mount / color option. IMG_2649.jpg IMG_2640.jpg IMG_2638.jpg

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I'd try a little something different. I mounted a Black Oak MARINE Curved 20" inch. I'm 50/50 on it so far...not sure if I like it but it does blend well with the white front & opened up the all black center. Not real impressed with the Black Oak brand so far....(I'd return it if I could) ..I've got a Rigid E series 20 & Rough Country 20x5 & in side by side comparisons it comes last ( at twice the price ) .This post is to show my experience & help those that may be thinking of this mount / color option. View attachment 41340 View attachment 41341 View attachment 41342
It's a nice looking set up anyway... what specifically do you not like about it? Not enough light, or spread, or what?

NORMANDYMIKE

Reaction score
It's a nice looking set up anyway... what specifically do you not like about it? Not enough light, or spread, or what?
Thanks for the questions & input Captain, In terms of looks, I'm not quite sure of the white color over the black. I may mount the black Rigid & run it awhile to study the looks.

In terms of the actual light / beam / spread on these ...the Black Oak is not as bright as the Rigid even tho it claims TWICE the statistical output & costs TWICE as much. The Rough Country is brighter than the Black Oak at a third of the cost. Even the packaging & documentation of the Rigid & Rough Country (Double boxed / Color screening / Excellent Docs ) far exceed the Black Oak. (plain cardboard with Hand applied, hand checked felt tip pen, paper label ).....PS: No Returns or Refunds on the Black Oak unless the original shipping box is unopened or it would have gone back ....I drank the web site cool aid which touted the Black Oak 22,000 @ 200 , which to me indicated it should beat the Rigid (9200 @ 110) & the Rough County (10800 @ 120).
I imagine that if I didn't own the Rigid & Rough Country 20's already, I wouldn't know the difference in output & wouldn't care but at two & three times the price of the others, I expected more from the Black Oak.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd never heard of Black Oak before, so thanks for sharing your experience. Wonder how they justify such a high price. Shame you don't like them.

Users who are viewing this thread