5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel + 2" Level + 35x12.5 on OEM Wheels?

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Read a lot of threads, and searched as much as I could in the forum and on Google, but couldn't find a solid answer to this.

I'm looking to add a 2" leveling kit (ReadyLift 66-1921) and add 35x12.5 tires onto OEM Rebel wheels.

Questions:

1. Would 35x12.5" tires even fit on the OEM wheels?
- My concern is the width. Is 12.5" too wide for a 18x8 wheel?
- I see that the Rebel concept wheels are 18x8 +19 offset (same as the Rebel), and they're fitting a "35" tire on a 2" leveling kit. However, the specs of the tires are 285/75/18. Tire size calculator brings it to 34.8" x 11.2".

2. Assuming that the tires fit onto the OEM wheels, would the wider width tire interfere with any suspension components, specifically the UCA?
- Again, my concern is the width. Would I need to change to a different rim / more negative offset to push the rim/tire away from the suspension?
- If so, would staying at a 18" rim still clear any obstacles (given more negative offset), or would I really need to increase rim diameter (move onto a 20" rim)?

And for those wondering:
- Yes, I like the OEM wheels.
- I want a subtle lift just to clear 35's.
- I like meat on tires, so trying to avoid going up to a 20" rim.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
The tires will fit but most likely the insides will rub the upper control arm so a spacer will be needed. I have the same kit on my truck with no issues but I’m running different - offset wheels. You will probably need to trim the backs of the wheel well liner cause the tire will rub at full turn there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kliffy77

Reaction score
The wheelhouse liner will rub even with 2 inch kit due to tire width you will need either a spacer or slight wheelhouse modification or slightly narrower tire

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read a lot of threads, and searched as much as I could in the forum and on Google, but couldn't find a solid answer to this.

I'm looking to add a 2" leveling kit (ReadyLift 66-1921) and add 35x12.5 tires onto OEM Rebel wheels.

Questions:

1. Would 35x12.5" tires even fit on the OEM wheels?
- My concern is the width. Is 12.5" too wide for a 18x8 wheel?
- I see that the Rebel concept wheels are 18x8 +19 offset (same as the Rebel), and they're fitting a "35" tire on a 2" leveling kit. However, the specs of the tires are 285/75/18. Tire size calculator brings it to 34.8" x 11.2".

2. Assuming that the tires fit onto the OEM wheels, would the wider width tire interfere with any suspension components, specifically the UCA?
- Again, my concern is the width. Would I need to change to a different rim / more negative offset to push the rim/tire away from the suspension?
- If so, would staying at a 18" rim still clear any obstacles (given more negative offset), or would I really need to increase rim diameter (move onto a 20" rim)?

And for those wondering:
- Yes, I like the OEM wheels.
- I want a subtle lift just to clear 35's.
- I like meat on tires, so trying to avoid going up to a 20" rim.

Any luck with your setup?.. Looking to do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FliPkAZe

Reaction score
This has helped me in visualizing different set ups and I was thinking of the same level and 285s but will get wheels with a slightly lower offset (12). I just ordered my truck so I am following for results!

Users who are viewing this thread