5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 versus 12A.....what’s the difference?

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone knows the difference between the Rebel 12 vs 12A interior package? I’m looking at a Rebel that states 12A and the leather seats are solid black versus the normal red/tire tread look on seats. The back of the seats are black as well and not red.

I actually like this look a tad better and it is the only Rebel I’ve seen this way......the rest have the red/black seats.

In searching Dodge I found only 1 out of hundreds that stated Rebel 12 and it’s added package price was 2995 versus the Rebel 12A states 2495

Does anyone know the difference?

Maybe the one I’m looking at is really a Rebel 12 versus Rebel 12A.....and they have priced wrong on the MSRP sheet?

Thanks for the help!

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I believe the only difference between the two is the Harmon Kardon strew system in the 12. The 12A has the Alpine system and is reflected in the lower price. Many have said that the difference between the two is minimal.

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
I believe the only difference between the two is the Harmon Kardon strew system in the 12. The 12A has the Alpine system and is reflected in the lower price. Many have said that the difference between the two is minimal.

So it is common for some to have the black seats versus the black/red?

KingRebel

Reaction score
The standard Rebels have a tire patterned fabric insert in the middle of the seat and that seat is red all the way around the back. The 12/12A have all black leather seats.
I have the 12A package with the Alpine system and black / red seats.

2019ramrebel12

Reaction score
The rebel 12 package was the original way to get black leather, the big screen, and the Harmon Kardon speaker system. They stopped the rebel 12 package and after 6-8 weeks relaunched the options as the 12a package with different speakers and I believe red on areas of the seats. My Rebel 12 has no red anywhere on the seats.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
The rebel 12 package was the original way to get black leather, the big screen, and the Harmon Kardon speaker system. They stopped the rebel 12 package and after 6-8 weeks relaunched the options as the 12a package with different speakers and I believe red on areas of the seats. My Rebel 12 has no red anywhere on the seats.

My 12A has no red anywhere on the seats as well.

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I have the 12A package with the Alpine system and black / red seats.

You can get the Rebel with a 12" screen and Alpine system with subwoofer. But the 12A package was a combination of 12" screen, Alpine with
subwoofer, black leather seats, with power passenger adjustments.

Rebel12A.png

Last edited:

Ruben73

Reaction score
I wondered the same since they use to be under the bench in the rear. Now I'm told they are behind the seat in the rear. Do the rear seats fold down?

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I wondered the same since they use to be under the bench in the rear. Now I'm told they are behind the seat in the rear. Do the rear seats fold down?
No, but I do remember someone doing a how-two where he replaced the factory sub and had pics of it. Maybe search for "replace factory sub" and see if it comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread