5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 Special Edition

MikeHoncho

Reaction score
I was told by a local Ram dealership that the 2019 Rebel 12 not only is a special edition, but only a certain amount would be built making it "Limited Special Edition". I didn't quite believed that so I tried to reach to FCA to get an answer. They would confirm or deny this.

Tropez

Reaction score
Not sure on this, I did have to wait a week for the "12" package to show back up in the system. Once it did, I placed my order. That was on 10/18/2018.

bsmith144

Reaction score
Not sure on this, I did have to wait a week for the "12" package to show back up in the system. Once it did, I placed my order. That was on 10/18/2018.

I ordered Rebel 12 on 10-16 and have not hit D1. Have you checked the status of yours to see if you are at D1 yet? Curious if Rebel 12 will delay the build date if all materials aren't ready.

Ram92131

Reaction score
I was told by a local Ram dealership that the 2019 Rebel 12 not only is a special edition, but only a certain amount would be built making it "Limited Special Edition". I didn't quite believed that so I tried to reach to FCA to get an answer. They would confirm or deny this.
Sounds like a salesman being a salesman.

whsk12

Reaction score
bought a rebel 12 on 1-26-19-the only one on the lot!-silver metallic-leather seats-12 inch screen-hk stereo-hemi-4x4-pano roof-i am liking it so far!

RAMDJ

Reaction score
bought a rebel 12 on 1-26-19-the only one on the lot!-silver metallic-leather seats-12 inch screen-hk stereo-hemi-4x4-pano roof-i am liking it so far!

Same here, at the end of January before it was even at the lot.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
The Rebel 12 package was suspended for a while, but I know it has been recently opened again for dealers to place orders.

pgers22

Reaction score
went to dealer locally again and was told now the ram rebel 12 will no longer have the hk audio, you get the alpine going forward. not sure why so if you want one with the hk go and find as you will not see again maybe for a long time.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I have heard about the HK audio. But from what I hear the alpine system sounds pretty good as well.

Reactions: BTK

Cygnus A

Reaction score
I have heard about the HK audio. But from what I hear the alpine system sounds pretty good as well.
I have a Rebel with Alpine speakers and 12 screen. it sounds great. I was worried the HK setup would be a much bigger problem to upgrade later if I chose to.

Blee2221

Reaction score
Interesting that you can’t get the hk speakers anymore in the rebel but it’s still offered in the laramie, longhorn and limited trims. Weird. Not complaining since I have the hk system, which sounds awesome, just pointing that out.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Alpine is an awesome sound system. I listened to both Alpine and HK, and chose Alpine.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Alpine is an awesome sound system. I listened to both Alpine and HK, and chose Alpine.
I Agree as I also have that, but the I don’t think the price of the “rebel 12” package has gone down since the removal of the HK has it? That’s crap if it’s the same price, it shouldn’t be called a “package” anymore if the only difference is a 12” screen. Just add the 12” as an option to ANY Rebel build makes more sense to me

Neokane

Reaction score
The price of the rebel 12 package has gone down with the 12A replacement. The two packages are the same except the 12A packages comes with the Alpine speakers (hencing the A, maybe??) versus the HK Speakers. This comes at a $500 discount.

1551266270406.png
1551266278118.png

whsk12

Reaction score
my rebel 12 was built in DEC 18-it came with the HK stereo-sounds good!

ww874

Reaction score
I was looking at the build tool on the website today and it appears neither the rebel 12 or 12a is available to be ordered. The only seat option is the cloth/ vinyl option and the stereo upgrade seems to be the Alpine. That's definitly different than a month ago was I was looking at the website.

Neokane

Reaction score
my rebel 12 was built in DEC 18-it came with the HK stereo-sounds good!

How can you find the build date and build sheet?

Also the build configuration isn't up to date.

Per a chat with FCA, your dealer can order the 12a package.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I was looking at the build tool on the website today and it appears neither the rebel 12 or 12a is available to be ordered. The only seat option is the cloth/ vinyl option and the stereo upgrade seems to be the Alpine. That's definitly different than a month ago was I was looking at the website.
The Rebel 12 package is out there still on the build site. I confirmed just a minute ago. Also I ordered one a couple weeks ago.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Is the build site different then the website?
The Rebel 12A is available, and what you ordered, not the Rebel 12. The FCA site incorrectly states vinyl seats, they are in fact all black leather with white sticking according to my non local dealer as well as pics of the first 12As arriving on lots this week.

Users who are viewing this thread