5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 speakers

Liquidus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been waiting to order a rebel 12 when I saw one in transit to a dealer a few states away. It was close to what I wanted so I put a down payment on it. While staring at the window sticker I noticed something I had missed . The truck was ordered with the rebel 12 package with 19 speaker HK system AND the 9 speaker + sub 595 option. Can it have both in at the same time? Are there enough spots for 28 speakers and 2 subs?

Mason1217

Reaction score
I wonder why both are listed though? If your already paying for the Rebel 12 package, then why charge 600 bucks for the alpine? If the alpine wasn’t listed, would the rebel 12 package cost 600 more than it does now? Seems odd.

CouchAssault

Reaction score
I wonder why both are listed though? If your already paying for the Rebel 12 package, then why charge 600 bucks for the alpine? If the alpine wasn’t listed, would the rebel 12 package cost 600 more than it does now? Seems odd.
yea you're definitely right. there's some confusion. the monronies for rebel 12s say it comes with the 19 speaker HK stereo included in the rebel 12 package, plus 595 for the 9 speaker.

but if you build one on the rams site it doesn't show that the 9 speaker or the 19 speaker being included in a L2 rebel 12. And the 595 option is an upgrade to 9 speaker from the base 6 speaker.

I wonder what the guys with rebel 12's have for a stereo?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is Alpine standard on the Rebel? If so, I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s listed and then the options supercede the standard.

Liquidus

Reaction score
The 19 speaker is part of the rebel 12 and would supercede the 9 speaker

This is what I thought also yet both options are on the window sticker and is also reflected in the price I am paying. Would be nice to get more speakers , more MORE

sswails1

Reaction score
There is one on the dealer lot near me with the same package. The Alpine trumps the HK. They tuck is listed with both, but it comes with the Alpine since it was ordered as an option. Stupid, but maybe they figured the HK was junk.

Maple

Reaction score
There is one on the dealer lot near me with the same package. The Alpine trumps the HK. They tuck is listed with both, but it comes with the Alpine since it was ordered as an option. Stupid, but maybe they figured the HK was junk.
Sounds like Tow Mirrors 2.0 - you get screwed because they're just ticking boxes on the order sheet instead of understanding what it does.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Here is a fully loaded rebel 12 at a dealer near me, 33 gal tank, air suspension, blind spot, pano roof, basically everything. No 595 charge on sticker for alpine. Alpine is not standard. If the sticker you are looking at has both, something is effed up. 38B390FF-B5C8-4D50-92B2-B71D185A11A2.png 69F3D967-83F6-4BA2-B09D-B9E7C430B4EF.png

Liquidus

Reaction score
I spoke to my salesman and after a bunch of calls looking for info he got back to me stating the 19 hk will supersede the 9 option and the price i agreed to will go down $541.

Maple

Reaction score
I spoke to my salesman and after a bunch of calls looking for info he got back to me stating the 19 hk will supersede the 9 option and the price i agreed to will go down $541.
That's the best possible outcome, good for you.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Well, hopefully I helped you be able to point it out to him. In any case, I’m glad they stepped up and did something about it. Many trouble free happy miles to you man.

Blee2221

Reaction score

Have you taken delivery yet and able to confirm this is the case? Looking at a rebel 12 now that has the additional $595 option of 9 speakers and subwoofer but I’m unsure of what speaker system is installed when both packages are selected.

Esavetsky

Reaction score
I would advise caution. I think the 9-speaker option supersedes the HK system, and the door speaker trim rings on the 9-speaker option are not anodized red. I sat in a Rebel 12 Quadcab with the 9-speaker option, and it did not have the HK system. The center speaker in the middle of the dash top says Harmon Kardon on my non 9-speaker option Rebel 12, and it has the red anodized door speaker trim rings. It doesn't make any sense, but I'm fairly certain you looks the much better HK system with the extra cost 9-speaker option. I think its a Ram packaging screw up unless anyone came come up with a logical reason for this.

Users who are viewing this thread