5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 option and 9 speakers/sub question -

AK103

Reaction score
Hi there folks, I see you get the 12 speaker harmon karmon with the rebel 12 package.
But it also gives you an option of adding the 9 speaker amplified speakers/sub -
Is that an addition to the 12 speakers?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know there is only 3 systems avaiiable any Ram. A base system, a 9 speaker Alpine system, or a "19" speaker Harmon Kardon system.

kuba

Reaction score
When I was thinking about building a Rebel, I also noticed that. I emailed ram and got this response.

"We understand you are interested in the 12 inch radio! The package does include the 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound. You are actually unable to build the vehicle with both the Rebel 12 package and the 9 speaker package, as the 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound is already included in the Rebel 12 package.

The reason the 9 speaker system is showing is in case someone wants those speakers but doesn’t want the 12” Uconnect. If you are interested in purchasing this vehicle I would recommend visiting your local Ram dealer. "

I ended up finding a 95% match on a dealer lot instead. It has the "19" speaker system and I really enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Rebels on YouTube or on dealer websites with a 12 inch screen and Alpine 9 speaker system. I wonder if in the past the Rebel 12 didn't include the 19 h/k system automatically.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I for one can confirm that you can have the 12” screen and the Alpine sound system because that’s exactly what I have. lol

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Packages and available options change over time guys.

'19 Rebels w/ 12" screen had Alpine 9 speaker system.

'20 Rebels w/ 12" screen have the HK 19 speaker system.

ghostface35

Reaction score
Packages and available options change over time guys.

'19 Rebels w/ 12" screen had Alpine 9 speaker system.

'20 Rebels w/ 12" screen have the HK 19 speaker system.

I have a '20 with 12" and Alpine. Personally, I like the Alpine over HK, and if I ever do decide to change anything, there will be less frustrations to deal with when upgrading.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a '20 with 12" and Alpine. Personally, I like the Alpine over HK, and if I ever do decide to change anything, there will be less frustrations to deal with when upgrading.
Oops, my mistake. I was looking at it wrong. The Rebel 12 package that the OP was asking about does come with the HK 19 speaker system. But you can still select the 12" screen as a stand alone option w/o the Rebel 12 package and get the Alpine instead. I missed that bit.

Last edited:

AK103

Reaction score
There's a few dealers down here with 2020 rebel models with the 9 speaker set ups and 12" screens.

You literally need to pay more to remove the HK 19 speakers and add just 9 speakers.
Doesn't really make sense to me.

Shotta

Reaction score
I for one can confirm that you can have the 12” screen and the Alpine sound system because that’s exactly what I have. lol

Same here. When I purchased my truck I first went through the dealership reserve lot to compare and find my truck. My Big Horn that i picked was packaged with more than most of the Rebels came packaged with.

Users who are viewing this thread