5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 Harmon Kardon System Question?

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think the catalog covers special editions, like the Rebel 12 and North.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I just followed up with the dealer, and got this in return:

Luxury Features on the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12
This new model comes loaded with luxury features that have never been featured on the Rebel before. One of the biggest changes is the addition of the 12-inch Uconnect display screen. This infotainment system was based on the classic and user-friendly Uconnect system, but offers more smartphone integration, a reconfigurable menu, SiriusXM with 360L entertainment options, and enhanced processing power. Other feature highlights of the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 include:

• Leather-trimmed interior with heated front seats
  • Speaker grilles in signature Radar Red
  • 19-speaker Harman Kardon sound system with amplifier and subwoofer
  • Active noise cancellation
  • Factory lift and Bilstein shocks
  • Locking rear differential
  • 33-inch tires
  • Skid plates, and tow hooks

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think the catalog covers special editions, like the Rebel 12 and North.

Good comment. I just looked at the Equipment Packages section and the Rebel12 Package is not listed.

I do not see a publication date on the brochure catalog I have.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did it show as an option before? Just curious if you have the one that showed it was an option.

I haven't seen it.. but I've only been been investigating the Ram for a week or so.

I see your other post where your dealer is still sending out info with the HK.

Would you mind telling them you don't see the HK system in the configurator and let us know what they say about that?

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I haven't seen it.. but I've only been been investigating the Ram for a week or so.

I see your other post where your dealer is still sending out info with the HK.

Would you mind telling them you don't see the HK system in the configurator and let us know what they say about that?

He just told me he will let me know when the Rebel 12 can be ordered again and will be able to confirm it at that time. :confused:

So guess it is just time to wait.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh gawd yes! That means the Rebel now has a front camera; I hope that comes to the USA.

EDIT: I checked the Canada configurator and did not see the camera listed in the Rebel Advanced Safety Group package. So... whatever. FCA needs to get the camera on the Rebel.

Last edited:

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Yeah I tried being nice and talking to the dealership Manager about this and he says the alpine system trumps the HK system. I even had him print me up the "Options Report" on my truck, and no where on it does it say it has the HK system. Only the Alpine system. The window sticker is wrong and I've already signed all the paperwork, so I'm out of luck. I've called FCA and they said I had to talk to the dealership to resolve any problems, so I'm out of luck. Before I got the truck I was building online and it said the Rebel 12 package had the HK system at that time. Now when you look, no HK system. So FCA has changed the option list. That's why they have the alpine system. Plus the Rebel 12 package is the same price!
I'm sure that's why the dealership is saying its better than the HK system, they know about the screw up. It looks like I don't have much options at this point. I might try to talk to FCA about a credit but doubt it will go anywhere.

Truckin

Reaction score
Yeah I tried being nice and talking to the dealership Manager about this and he says the alpine system trumps the HK system. I even had him print me up the "Options Report" on my truck, and no where on it does it say it has the HK system. Only the Alpine system. The window sticker is wrong and I've already signed all the paperwork, so I'm out of luck. I've called FCA and they said I had to talk to the dealership to resolve any problems, so I'm out of luck. Before I got the truck I was building online and it said the Rebel 12 package had the HK system at that time. Now when you look, no HK system. So FCA has changed the option list. That's why they have the alpine system. Plus the Rebel 12 package is the same price!
I'm sure that's why the dealership is saying its better than the HK system, they know about the screw up. It looks like I don't have much options at this point. I might try to talk to FCA about a credit but doubt it will go anywhere.

If you go to the build and price site for Rebel 12, click the 360 interior shot you will see the HK speakers. Also, if you go to the Ram sight and click on the explore Rebel 12 link, it even talks about how great the HK system is in the REBEL 12. Sadly, your only option is an attorney-make sure you have all the facts during your consultation and make sure he fully understands. The dealer is an idiot if he wants to fight you on this.

Users who are viewing this thread