5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 Harmon Kardon System Question?

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I just picked up my new 2019 Rebel and on the window sticker it says I have the HK system in the Rebel 12 package but on the center speaker it says Alpine. Also on the window sticker it says I have the 9-speaker sound system for $595.00 option. I didn't have time to order a truck with the options I wanted but they found this one instead at another dealership, and they went got it. My question is why don't I have the HK system if it's on the window sticker? I asked the dealership and they said because it has the 9-speaker system and that over rides the HK system. I find that very heard to believe. They are saying that's why I don't have the HK on my truck and that the 9-speaker is a better system. I wanted the HK system, that's why I ordered the Rebel 12, now I don't have it. I called customer service and they said I had to talk with the dealership, they couldn't help with this. What else can I do?

Mohab

Reaction score
Are you sure the window sticker your have belongs to the truck they gave you ? Look at the VIN

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fact that the ordering tool so easily allowed the override of the better HK audio option with what was essentially a downgrade at additional cost is a major FUBAR IMHO.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
yeah It is the window sticker for my vin/vehicle.
2019 Ram Window Sticker.jpg

I don't understand how 9-speaker would cancel out a 19-speaker system, its not an upgrade. I do not have those extra speakers in the doors. I only count 9-speakers in my truck. I couldn't order the truck, I need it before end of this month so I took dealer stock but the window sticker said HK system before they went to get it so I figured it had it. Next time I'll check before I sign any paperwork. So I guess I'm screwed now, there's nothing I can do?

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I also just got the dealer to print out the "Option Report" and no where on it does it say I have the HK system. It says I have the 9-speaker system.

Also does everyone with the Rebel 12 system have all black leather seats or are they black and red like the stock rebel seats?

Truckin

Reaction score
I just picked up my new 2019 Rebel and on the window sticker it says I have the HK system in the Rebel 12 package but on the center speaker it says Alpine. Also on the window sticker it says I have the 9-speaker sound system for $595.00 option. I didn't have time to order a truck with the options I wanted but they found this one instead at another dealership, and they went got it. My question is why don't I have the HK system if it's on the window sticker? I asked the dealership and they said because it has the 9-speaker system and that over rides the HK system. I find that very heard to believe. They are saying that's why I don't have the HK on my truck and that the 9-speaker is a better system. I wanted the HK system, that's why I ordered the Rebel 12, now I don't have it. I called customer service and they said I had to talk with the dealership, they couldn't help with this. What else can I do?

I normally would not suggest you contact an attorney...BUT, in this instance IF the GM at the dealership cannot get this resolved (exchange truck OR offer you an acceptable allowance) then I would get an attorney involved. This is a case of stupidity shared by whoever at the dealer is responsible for ordering their vehicles (original dealer), the dealer who dealer traded (and did NOT look closely at the sticker) AND FCA for allowing this to happen in the first place...

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In some states you have a limited opportunity to change your mind on new vehicle purchases. What's the law like in your state?

greggsmith21

Reaction score
I have a limited but in my list of options it doesn't have it listed like yours where they have the 12" package of things and then a second option group with the smaller screen listed. Very strange why they would do both packages like that.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    92.8 KB · Views: 5

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does ANYBODY with a Rebel 12 have the HK system?

The early press release and some marketing material says the Rebel 12 includes the HK system... but the online configurator and the Ram catalog don't show it. These show the $595 9-speaker Alpine as the only upgraded system for the Rebel; some people says it sounds better than the HK.

This looks like FCA shuffled some options and didn't get all paperwork updated.

Mason1217

Reaction score
They do exist. Here’s one by me that shows the hk included in Rebel 12 package and there is no alpine audio charge for 595 that would delete it.
https://www.southfieldchryslerdodgejeepram.com/inventory/1C6SRFLT3KN722759

But there is another dealer in my area that has 3 Rebel 12’s that do have the 595 alpine added on top of Rebel 12 package. Maybe some dealers just always order the alpine system and have no clue that it deletes the HK audio? If that’s the case, the screw up is on the dealer AND FCA for allowing this configuration. I’d imagine once word gets around, the dealers that have the messed up configurations will have those trucks on their lots for a long time.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well hang on again; you guys are so quick to say someone screwed up and get the lawyers.

Thanks for pointing out they exist, but I don't see them existing going forward. Like I alluded above, both the online configurator and the catalog show no ability whatsoever to get the HK system in a Rebel. Maybe you could order it that way in the past but not now. The only upgraded sound system is the Alpine.

It could be that options were shuffled and some unfortunate people got caught in the middle. If this is what happened, then the OP may not have much leverage. And without leverage, you might be laughed out of the office if you barge in there thinking you have the high ground.

Ultimately it could be there's enough blame to go around; FCA for not communicating the change, the dealer for not checking, and the buyer for making a rush purchase. I don't see a basis for a lawsuit or a bully-stance here. If you think you are due some remedy or recompense, you might be at their mercy. Try to catch them on a nice day and turn on the charm.

Mason1217

Reaction score
All 5 have the 600 alpine “upgrade” listed on top of Rebel 12 package. The one with the highest MSRP even has Ram Boxes. So, maybe rare by you, but they are showing up pretty regularly here, within 20 miles of the plant but still...

19Jake

Reaction score
FCA should refund $1200 with a Rebel 12/Alpine since the sticker wasn't adjusted to reflect HK delete. This drifted thru the system & there should be accountability...HK's a key Rebel 12 feature.
Not a true Rebel 12 minus HK!

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well hang on again; you guys are so quick to say someone screwed up and get the lawyers.

Thanks for pointing out they exist, but I don't see them existing going forward. Like I alluded above, both the online configurator and the catalog show no ability whatsoever to get the HK system in a Rebel. Maybe you could order it that way in the past but not now. The only upgraded sound system is the Alpine.
Uh, no.
Rebel Options.jpg

https://www.ramtrucks.com/2019/ram-1500/hero/rebel-12/rebel-12-overlay.html

PREMIUM SOUND THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES

The Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System packs 19 high-quality speakers–the most in its class1–and a 900-watt amplifier into the Rebel® 12 Crew Cab to deliver powerful full-spectrum sound.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The product launch included the HK audio as a defining component of the Rebel 12 package, as per the link included. The details for the packages used to show it, so I'm not sure how someone changing the website details of what's included in the packages all of the sudden makes it "unavailable" or not possible to order.

None of the package details include the Alpine 9 speaker option either. Did that go away entirely, too?

I think this does more to highlight what a mess Ram has made of the Rebel 12 special edition.

Last edited:

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I have noticed this change in the configuration tool as well. I posted about it here: Rebel 12 19 Speaker HK & 9 Speaker W/Sub You can still upgrade to the 9 speaker alpine though. I sent an email to a local dealer asking and haven't heard back. The HK with the Rebel 12 made it a great package. If they took it out and didn't adjust the price for the rebel 12 package, that crap. I am not going to pay $3,000 for just leather seats and a 12-inch screen.

I also see that problem with the dealers around town replacing the HK with the alpine. It is like they don't even think about it and just check the boxes.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the catalog. As you can see, the HK is no longer shown as being available on the Rebel, neither as an option nor in a package.

2018-12-28 14_10_51-eBrochure-Ram-Ram-DT-SE-Catalog-2019 - PDF-XChange Editor.png

Users who are viewing this thread