5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel 12 19 Speaker HK & 9 Speaker W/Sub

19Rebel19

Reaction score
So if a Rebel 12 package comes with a 19 Speaker HK Premium sound system and the truck has the 9 Speaker W/Sub option, what do you actually get? Seems like a conflict.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 9 Speaker W/sub should be the base stereo, the 19 Speaker HK System is the upgrade, however, I believe its paired with the 12" screen.

19Rebel19

Reaction score
Base system is the uConnect 5” system with 6 speakers. I’m not sure they even allow the 9 Speaker w/sub as an option on the Rebel 12. It would seem the HK system would be better.

Maple

Reaction score
Base system is the uConnect 5” system with 6 speakers. I’m not sure they even allow the 9 Speaker w/sub as an option on the Rebel 12. It would seem the HK system would be better.
They shouldn't, but they do - it has shown up here on the window stickers - someone else posted that it actually comes with the HK system, so you're just paying the extra $600 for nothing, but I'd be counting speakers if I was buying a Rebel 12.

19Jake

Reaction score
19-Speaker Harmon Kardon Premium Sound
9-Speakers with Subwoofer $595
Screenshot (2).png

Mesteve

Reaction score
The 9 speaker is automatically added to the rebel 12 in the order system (even though the public site doesn’t force the option) so I’m kinda thinking the HK system needs something included in the 9 speaker.

19Rebel19

Reaction score
I checked the Build sheets using VINs. Both Rebel 12s. One with the 9 Speaker w/sub system. The other one without says it has HK system. The one with the 9 Speaker option does not have the HK system listed in the build sheet. So it appears just like getting the tow mirrors as an option and loose the power folding ability, you lose the HK system.
Since this is a $600 option, is it really that much better than HK system? It doesn’t say if this is an Alpine 9 speaker system so I don’t know.

Mesteve

Reaction score
As of Monday, I watched the dealer try to order wopithout and it wouldn’t let him... I personally like the sound of the 9 speaker better anyways.

edit: maybe prior to the system update...

Last edited:

19Rebel19

Reaction score
If you get the 9 Speaker system then you don’t get the HK system. The build sheets reflect this.

Blee2221

Reaction score
So the 9 speaker with subwoofer option over rides the 19 speaker HK system? That seems wierd..

Paulny

Reaction score
I've had both, and I can assure you the HK is better. It's not astronomically better, but definitely a little louder with much better clarity. Why someone would pay to have the Alpine over the HK is beyond me.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I was confused by this too. Which one is better? Also, when you go to custom build the RAM now, it doesn't even state the 19 speakers comes with the rebel 12 any longer.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 6.24.01 PM.png

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I was confused by this too. Which one is better? Also, when you go to custom build the RAM now, it doesn't even state the 19 speakers comes with the rebel 12 any longer.

View attachment 11120

Has anyone else found out if they have stop including the 19-speakers in the rebel 12 package? I contacted a dealer to confirm this and I haven't heard back.

Dreng

Reaction score
Has anyone else found out if they have stop including the 19-speakers in the rebel 12 package? I contacted a dealer to confirm this and I haven't heard back.
Someone had on one of these threads mentioned that when dealers select rebel 12 option it is automatically selecting the 9 speaker upgrade and the dealer has to unselct it in order to get the HK.

Users who are viewing this thread