5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebates released day after purchase

jrladd

Reaction score
Anyone ever had any luck getting a rebate applied that came out the day after purchase? I bought a Laramie on 11/30 and new big rebates dropped on 12-1. I knew I should have waited; could have saved at least another $2K.

U

User_3336

What was the reason you didn't wait til 12/1 in the first place. Just curious.

Doubtful you'll be able to reclaim that because of the date that will reported when the vehicle was sold..
Dealer will probably get in hot water if they fudge the paperwork (and unlikely they'd risk it anyway).

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Somehow, I don't think they will have the 30 day price guarantee. I mean, it’s not walmart.

You could go back and ask. The sales guy might have a camera set up. They can add you into the "customer requests comedy tour" tape they play at the Christmas party.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No unfortunately, I don't see it happening either.
The closest I've come to that is the dealership sending me a check for $1K after I bought my Jeep. I bought it with the family pricing so we went by the prices listed on the invoice. I had pre-arranged the loan with my credit union so we didn't really have to talk money. It turns out there was a rebate that didn't get applied so they sent me the check for the value of it.
But then again, that was an active rebate when I bought the Jeep, not one that kicked in the next day.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have your receipt?
;)

Give 'em a call. Maybe they'll work with you?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL, seriously though, it's worth asking. Since it's the manufacturer offering the rebates, I doubt there's anything the dealership can do, even if they wanted to. But what's the worst that can happen, they say no? Best case scenario they hook you up, worst case scenario you wasted a phone call or email.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At this point, probably not. If you had actally asked them the next day, it's usually possible for them to re-do the paperwork in that short of a timespan, but some dealers might not unless you have a good relationship with them as they are clearly not supposed to operate that way.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As mentioned, likely no, but why not try just in case, give them a call just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread