5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebates and Resale

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me crunch these numbers.

Here recently I've been on a two year trade cycle - due to the amount of work miles I put on every year. So far, I've had really good equity versus the loan value at the 1.5-2 year mark (5 year loans - zero down/good interest rate).

Looking at purchase price and historical resales of Rams vs F150 and the Ram is considerably lower. This could put me in a bad spot two years down the road.

That being said - Ford puts big rebate $$$ on the hood of their trucks - as does Ram. That'll affect resale.

Looking at my current vehicle, I"m at a 75% value of what I paid two years ago to right now. That's a tick better than what I came up with looking at black book and nada guide values. Stepping up to the Lariat trim (Laramie @ Ram) - the resale gets a few percentage points better to about a 76%. XLT is a 73%.

Ram, however is a 66%. Big difference. That is factoring the $1,000 rebate FCA just put on them. If I bump it up to a $4,000 rebate (possibly in December?) it pushes it to a 70%...5% difference is huge!

What have you noticed in regards to resale on Rams in the US?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just sold my '16 Tradesmen with chrome package for $25,500 with 14,000 miles but my '17 Ecodiesel with 1,900 miles was taken back at full cost due to lemon law so maybe my '16 Tradesmen info will help you.

Users who are viewing this thread