5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reattaching rear view mirror stalk [Solved]

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In another of my misadventures (trying to relocate the camera for the digital rear view mirror), I managed to pop the camera stalk off its anchor point. Nope, not the mirror off the stalk, though I did that too (on purpose). When trying to get the mirror back into the stalk’s ball socket, the ball socket popped off the camera housing.

Photos explain this better than words.

What’s the trick to getting the mirror stalk back on? Is it just a whole lotta oomph, or is there a way to finesse it back on?

87CC9EDE-74D6-4D19-8C77-922E7A8DA619.jpeg A5E2EF53-35A8-4B4D-84CC-D298B9D5C4B8.jpeg

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to put the mirror stack on a 60 degree angle to the left and turn the mirror clockwise to the right so it snaps back in.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I just fixed it prior to reading your replying.

For whatever reason, it was much simpler to do this from the passenger seat. As I rotated it clockwise, it kept “riding up” and away from the windshield. I moved to the passenger to get a different perspective, and I got it on the first try.

Users who are viewing this thread