5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rearview mirror attachment cover loose

illucid

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed their rearview mirror , where it attaches to the window, has a plastic cover that's loose? If so, is it supposed to be like that? Pretty sure some of the noises I'm hearing inside may be coming from this area. Sorry no pics right now but I'll take some if anyone wants.

Jstnbcks’dt

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed their rearview mirror , where it attaches to the window, has a plastic cover that's loose? If so, is it supposed to be like that? Pretty sure some of the noises I'm hearing inside may be coming from this area. Sorry no pics right now but I'll take some if anyone wants.
Did you ever find an answer on this mine is loose and the plastics don’t line up so nicely. I gave asome gentle persuasion to the pieces and couldn’t get anything to click into place. I stopped before anything bad happened and figured I’d ask here.

illucid

Reaction score
Did you ever find an answer on this mine is loose and the plastics don’t line up so nicely. I gave asome gentle persuasion to the pieces and couldn’t get anything to click into place. I stopped before anything bad happened and figured I’d ask here.
Nope. Have just learned to ignore it lol

Jstnbcks’dt

Reaction score
Nope. Have just learned to ignore it lol
Ok, couldn’t stop looking at it. Then it hit me and I felt a bit silly. On the Laramie with auto dimming mirror, the plastic housing that covers the camera and runs up the window is telescopic. Slide the top piece up and it locks the molding in place. Did for me atleast. Depends on mirror choice I’m sure.

illucid

Reaction score
Ok, couldn’t stop looking at it. Then it hit me and I felt a bit silly. On the Laramie with auto dimming mirror, the plastic housing that covers the camera and runs up the window is telescopic. Slide the top piece up and it locks the molding in place. Did for me atleast. Depends on mirror choice I’m sure.
Hmmm mines not a Laramie, it's a sport so I dont have the camera there because I dont have the advanced safety package but I'll have to try this anyway. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread