5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window slider/ defroster option?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I've not owned a vehicle built in the 2000s that did not have rear defrost. These days it seems like a basic safety feature like mirrors and seat belts. 🤷‍♂️??
who wants to scrape a back window in the dead of winter especially if you are short. :)

Redfour5

Reaction score
Tried that, says no matching Vin#, says same thing for a lot of others trying to use that page!
Remember just numbers no hyphens etc. When checking vehicles I sometimes have to carefully type in the numbers. Try your VIN on the tow rating VIN page see if it works there. I have seen one or two that for some reason were not showing up on the build sheet. Go here put your VIN in and see if it matches. https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html

brenan00

Reaction score
Wow, that’s crazy! Thanks so much!
Just tried it again myself just to see if I was doing something wrong and it still comes up same! Glad you got it to work, looks like I do have the defroster!!
Just hope I don’t get the dreaded leak!!
Thanks again!
I had the same problem, went back and put the vin using all upper case letters and there was my build sheet.
I have never known an url to be case sensitive. Still learning stuff.

Last edited:

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've not owned a vehicle built in the 2000s that did not have rear defrost. These days it seems like a basic safety feature like mirrors and seat belts. 🤷‍♂️??
My 2015 Ram and 2016 Ram didn't have the rear window defroster . My 2019 has it though and it's awesome to not have to scrape the rear window anymore . lol

Users who are viewing this thread