5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Window Leak

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add me to the list of rear window leaks. I thought I was home free until I noticed water dripping onto the rear left side passenger seat. The water seems to be coming from above the headrest and the corner. No signs of cracks anywhere so I am assuming its either the third brake light or the window channel under the brake light. I am out of warranty but RAM said they may be able to "Goodwill" the repair but I would need a diagnosis before they could proceed. I contacted the dealer to make an appointment and they said they need to have their 3rd party leak test service perform the diagnostics. The dealer said I would have to pay the diagnostic fee which starts at $250 and can go up significantly from there based on how long it takes them to pinpoint the issue. RAM also said I am responsible for the diagnostic fee. Not happy about having to potentially spend a fortune on the water testing so just curious if this sounds right to those who have had rear window leaks?

I am contemplating taking a look myself and using Permatex around the window channel and resealing the third brake light others have done to see if that does the trick before shelling out diagnostic fees. Any input from people who have been through the leak is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread