5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

Ls15

Reaction score
So I know this is a known common issue on these trucks . I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 with 48k miles and tonight the rear window is leaking and has a crack on both sides . I will be taking into the dealership tomorrow but before what are your experiences with this outside of the 3/36 warranty period .

Here I was 3 years later and thought I got lucky and completely avoided this issue 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• F721564D-6045-46A3-9FF5-1613FC8628DB.jpeg
    F721564D-6045-46A3-9FF5-1613FC8628DB.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 64

stebo

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced out of warranty last week. Great experience and hassle free. They even hooked me up with a loaner. Truck had 42K miles at the time. PM me and I will get you in contact with someone directly in customer care.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had mine replaced out of warranty last week. Great experience and hassle free. They even hooked me up with a loaner. Truck had 42K miles at the time. PM me and I will get you in contact with someone directly in customer care.
@Ls15 I would take him up on that. That's the first I've heard of a rear window being replaced outside of warranty (that wasn't at the owner's expense).

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They probably won't cover it unless you had it replaced under warranty like mine was. The replacement cracked and leaked and then they replaced it again out of warranty and the new one has no cracks and seems to be a better design. 2+ Months in and no cracks or leaks.

stebo

Reaction score
They probably won't cover it unless you had it replaced under warranty like mine was. The replacement cracked and leaked and then they replaced it again out of warranty and the new one has no cracks and seems to be a better design. 2+ Months in and no cracks or leaks.
Not true. This was the first time I took mine in for the problem. Ls15, I just replied to your PM with contact info. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ls15

Reaction score
Thanks , I will reach out tomorrow. Dealer just hit me with a 1700$ price tag for replacement

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not true. This was the first time I took mine in for the problem. Ls15, I just replied to your PM with contact info. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
stebo is the first one I've heard of getting this taken care of by the dealership outside of the basic warranty.

Thanks , I will reach out tomorrow. Dealer just hit me with a 1700$ price tag for replacement
This is why I kept an eye out for it and started pestering my dealership the moment it looked like I had the problem. It took a couple of visits but they did replace the window before I hit 36k miles.

Hopefully they split the cost or take care of it for you.

stebo

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. My truck is leaking again. Worse than before the "fix".

Blizzen

Reaction score
Me too. I have a life time warranty and they are denying coverage. We will fight it.

Blizzen

Reaction score
Hi, May I have that info as well? I visited the dealer yesterday (Mon, 26th) for the leaky window. They see 2 cracks in the molding above the window. We have a life time warranty and they are denying coverage. No reason. The dealer even went to bat for us and argued with the warranty group. They have recommended we call RAM direct.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, May I have that info as well? I visited the dealer yesterday (Mon, 26th) for the leaky window. They see 2 cracks in the molding above the window. We have a life time warranty and they are denying coverage. No reason. The dealer even went to bat for us and argued with the warranty group. They have recommended we call RAM direct.

Lifetime warranty through the dealer or are you referring to the MaxCare lifetime service contract?

bourgeois

Reaction score
I went to the dealer 2 days ago and showed them one small crack. My window does not leak but the dealership said ram will pay for a new glass

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to the dealer 2 days ago and showed them one small crack. My window does not leak but the dealership said ram will pay for a new glass
The STAR Case specifically says that if the crack(s) exists above the slider frame then to replace the rear window, leak or not.

Users who are viewing this thread