5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Window Issue?

scottflmn

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue, plastic retainer above sliding window cracked.

FN-2187

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue, plastic retainer above sliding window cracked.
Is it a new truck? Why don't you take it to the dealership and have them just fix it under warranty? This forum really has nothing but questions about trivial little things breaking and never anything interesting.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This forum really has nothing but questions about trivial little things breaking and never anything interesting.
Finn, that’s a strange statement to make. There’s all sorts of good info on here, pretty much anything/everything you could ask for. You might just need to read a little deeper. Yes, there are a lot of one-off “this thing broke/sucks” posts, but those are potentially invaluable for finding larger trends that need to be addressed. And there is usually someone on here that has seen the issue before and knows how to help. Unless someone is being a straight-up jerk, I would advise either helping them or staying silent on that post. Or, as I often do, say something completely comical and jump out.

rws1944

Reaction score
If you're referring to the rear window surround being cracked the answer is yes. You didn't state what year/model you have but if it's a 2019 5th gen and newer there are numerous posts on this forum about this. Do a site search and you will see at least 2k posts on this. If your truck is still under warranty the window frame will be replaced.

FN-2187

Reaction score
Finn, that’s a strange statement to make. There’s all sorts of good info on here, pretty much anything/everything you could ask for. You might just need to read a little deeper. Yes, there are a lot of one-off “this thing broke/sucks” posts, but those are potentially invaluable for finding larger trends that need to be addressed. And there is usually someone on here that has seen the issue before and knows how to help. Unless someone is being a straight-up jerk, I would advise either helping them or staying silent on that post. Or, as I often do, say something completely comical and jump out.
Yeah, I probably do need to dive a bit deeper. Just seems like the only thing that I get alerted to as far as new posts are things like this one.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You could say that. Here's some light reading for you...

scottflmn

Reaction score
Thank's guy's on the light reading, Mike holy cow sounds like plenty of cracked rear window retainers .. Thank's again for the help.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Big issue for the 5th gen, get it fixed in the 3yr/36k mi warranty or you're left footing the bill. Other option is drizzle in some flowable silicone

U

User_3336

Is it a new truck? Why don't you take it to the dealership and have them just fix it under warranty? This forum really has nothing but questions about trivial little things breaking and never anything interesting.

Perhaps you should cancel (or not contribute).

U

User_3336

Yeah, I probably do need to dive a bit deeper. Just seems like the only thing that I get alerted to as far as new posts are things like this one.

you can turn notifications OFF at any time!

Users who are viewing this thread