5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sallen2019ram1500

Reaction score
Hello all, I started my 2019 ram 1500 quad cab this morning with my key fob which automatically turns on the rear window defroster (seems to be fully functioning currently). When I got in, I heard a hissing and tapping noise from behind my rear passenger seat. This noise only occurs when I turn the rear defroster on which still heats the entire back glass. The button connector is still soldered on solid from what I can tell by just pushing on it. I have a wiring diagram pulled up and there does not seem to be any components within the rear defrost circuit that would make any noise. Any ideas what could be making this sound?!

M1CK22

Reaction score
Hello all, I started my 2019 ram 1500 quad cab this morning with my key fob which automatically turns on the rear window defroster (seems to be fully functioning currently). When I got in, I heard a hissing and tapping noise from behind my rear passenger seat. This noise only occurs when I turn the rear defroster on which still heats the entire back glass. The button connector is still soldered on solid from what I can tell by just pushing on it. I have a wiring diagram pulled up and there does not seem to be any components within the rear defrost circuit that would make any noise. Any ideas what could be making this sound?!
Had the same issue on my 19 Ram 1500. It was coming from the rear sliding window defroster tab on the passenger side. It came loose due to the rear backlite leaking water in.

sallen2019ram1500

Reaction score
Had the same issue on my 19 Ram 1500. It was coming from the rear sliding window defroster tab on the passenger side. It came loose due to the rear backlite leaking water in.
What was your solution to stop the noise? Thinking I will have to pull the rear seat out and re-solder that button back to the cab? Then I will have to figure out if I have a leak that was causing it.

M1CK22

Reaction score
What was your solution to stop the noise? Thinking I will have to pull the rear seat out and re-solder that button back to the cab? Then I will have to figure out if I have a leak that was causing it.
I bought silver conductive epoxy and reattached it but never had cold enough weather at the time to test it. Then a few weeks after the repair, I looked at it again to see if the epoxy held and that’s when I found water leaking down the corner of the window straight to the tab causing it to detach again. So now I’m looking at having the backlite replaced. The photo below shows which tab I’m referring too.

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread