5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Wheelhouse Liners

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
I looked at the "rear wheelhouse liners" on a 2021 Limited & was not impressed. They seem flimsy & appeared to do little other than keep some mud off the frame. Am I wrong?

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The stock thing is a half liner, there is an additional option which gives better coverage. Did the truck you look at have the extra option or not?
If you buy the parts with the truck and get the dealer to throw you a discount is about the same cost

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just a plastic liner but when its not there u see the frame and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Was a must for me!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've read the Rough Country liners are thicker, but a real pain to install. I threw both sides of OEMs on in an hour and they do the trick. If they ever end up tearing for whatever reason I'll replace them with Rough Country

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I looked at the "rear wheelhouse liners" on a 2021 Limited & was not impressed. They seem flimsy & appeared to do little other than keep some mud off the frame. Am I wrong?
They are thin, but I haven't seen an issue with mine. They work pretty well at keeping most of the mud and crud off the frame and inner box areas. Plus, they finish off the inner wheelhouse. I'm not sure what else you would want them to do.

U

User_3336

Use the SEARCH function, and you can find more information than you ever thought . . . . . .

moparleo51

Reaction score
I just put on the rough country, and they are thicker for sure. As for install it does take. Little more work to get them in. The material reminds me the same as a plastic bed liner. . But for $90 shipped in 2 days and some sore hands. It works for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the key here is that anything that stops rocks from chipping the paint will contribute to less chance of rusting in the exposed wheel house and bed area is better than just letting those metal areas take the abuse. In my opinion it will help preserve the value of the truck.

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
I just put on the rough country, and they are thicker for sure. As for install it does take. Little more work to get them in. The material reminds me the same as a plastic bed liner. . But for $90 shipped in 2 days and some sore hands. It works for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I agree the Rough Country sound like a better option, having seen & touched the OEM Ram units.

Users who are viewing this thread