5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Wheel Liner Questions

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Rough Country wheel liners? My truck does not come with the full liner and the dealer is telling me they can order me liners but can’t guarantee they will fit since from looking up by my VIN it says they’re not available - even though I am pretty confident they would fit like every other truck. As far as I know all 5th gens probably have the same wheel well?

All in all my dilemma is should I buy RC Liners and install myself or have the dealer install? Or order the mopar liners through the dealer and have them install?

Thank you!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have no experience with the RC but I do have the Mopar rear wheel liners for 3 years now and have no complaints .

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I have no experience with the RC but I do have the Mopar rear wheel liners for 3 years now and have no complaints .
I’m thinking of going that route. I can’t imagine liners would fit on some trucks and not others? Aside from the obvious like duallies and ram box equipped trucks

Starkhaus

Reaction score
What year is your truck.
I have rc on my 2021, and those are listed to work 19-22
It is a ‘22, just debating if I should go the cheaper route to do is myself with the RCs or go mopar and have the dealer do it all. Just wonder if mopar liners are somewhat universal between all the trims and trucks

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When they look it up by your VIN, it's basically saying they aren't on your build sheet, so they aren't needed. Doesn't mean they won't fit. Haven't heard of any trucks they won't actually fit.

Do a search for BAM. I tried to order Mopar from them a few weeks ago and they were out, but much cheaper than my local dealer.

I bought the window visors from BAM even though my local dealer said they were no longer available.

I still want a set of wheel well liners. Need to try BAM again myself.

GARebel19

Reaction score
I've had no issue with my RC wheel liners. The install was pretty easy. I remember one side was little more of a pain to get on but still not a big deal. I would recommend them.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had no issue with my RC wheel liners. The install was pretty easy. I remember one side was little more of a pain to get on but still not a big deal. I would recommend them.
I had the same experience.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
As far as I know all 5th gens probably have the same wheel well?
It's my understanding that rambox beds use different wheelhouse liners than non-rambox beds. If so, that could be what you're running into.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
When they look it up by your VIN, it's basically saying they aren't on your build sheet, so they aren't needed. Doesn't mean they won't fit. Haven't heard of any trucks they won't actually fit.

Do a search for BAM. I tried to order Mopar from them a few weeks ago and they were out, but much cheaper than my local dealer.

I bought the window visors from BAM even though my local dealer said they were no longer available.

I still want a set of wheel well liners. Need to try BAM again myself.
That what I was thinking even though it technically can’t be ordered by that VIN it should still fit since it’s made for that space anyway.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
It's my understanding that rambox beds use different wheelhouse liners than non-rambox beds. If so, that could be what you're running into.
I don’t have the ram box just the plain ol 6’4 bed. Given that I feel the wheel liners should fit without any issues

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t have the ram box just the plain ol 6’4 bed. Given that I feel the wheel liners should fit without any issues
I understand. I was just letting you know there could possibly be two different liner versions because of the rambox bed. I guess I was implying that it might have been the rambox version they were saying might not fit your truck. Speculation... it gets me in trouble every time.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is a ‘22, just debating if I should go the cheaper route to do is myself with the RCs or go mopar and have the dealer do it all. Just wonder if mopar liners are somewhat universal between all the trims and trucks
I would recommend RC, like others have said easy to install, perfect fit and good quality. Safe your self a couple bucks. But yes 1 side was a pain for me as well. Driver side.
Some I think have said using a heat gun helps as the RC liners are more rigid than the mopar ones.

stax199

Reaction score
I installed these yesterday.. They arrived within 3 days of ordering direct thru RC. Driver side was in under 10 min, was about 45 degrees in ny today. Had to push a little on the top portion. The passenger side took prob 40 min.. definitely put the lower portion in before the top. Used tape to hold the front half liner so you can ln eup the hole to re-screw the first bolt you remove.

Limo21

Reaction score
I also have the RC rear wheel liners. I've had pretty much the same experience on the installation as others did. I'd would recommend them too.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I opted for a cheaper option than RC and am using OMAC rear wheel well liners. They install the same as the RC liners from what I have seen posted. I can't comment on the thickness of material compared to RC, but these are a little thinner. Only issue I've had was when I went and played in the mud back in june, the weight of he mud caked onto the liners caused the top portion to sag. Ended up removing them completely to clean behind them and re-instated. They are also a smooth plastic which makes cleaning them easy

JRW323

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Rough Country wheel liners? My truck does not come with the full liner and the dealer is telling me they can order me liners but can’t guarantee they will fit since from looking up by my VIN it says they’re not available - even though I am pretty confident they would fit like every other truck. As far as I know all 5th gens probably have the same wheel well?

All in all my dilemma is should I buy RC Liners and install myself or have the dealer install? Or order the mopar liners through the dealer and have them install?

Thank you!
Installing the RC wheel liners are super simple. If you can let them sit in the sun for a little it helps. Other then that. You pull out a few exsisting screws, push the liners in and insert the edge into the same lip the screws are holding. Took me less then 20 mins. Material seem durable. Highly recommend.

Jray22

Reaction score
I went with Husky linears. Install was pretty straight forward, but a little cumbersome getting them lined up.

Bullseyeft

Reaction score
I went with the RC liners. I learned that the directions are useless. The easiest way I found was to put the 10mm bolt in the frame back in to hold the liner. Then start at the cab side and work towards the top about 1/3 of the way around. Then go to the tailgate side work it up about 1/3 of the way, then do the center 1/3. A plastic body trim tool really helps. The first one took about 45 minutes for the learning curve to sink in. Second one took about 15 minutes including tightening the screws back up.

Users who are viewing this thread