5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

Clarkism

Reaction score
Just installed mine. I watched the youtube video and realized that if you have the factory fender flares you only need two additional screws as stated in the video. I fortunately ordered ten additional screws and since my ram does not have the factory flares, my vehicle required an additional 8 screws. I went to my dealer for the parts which I picked up the next day. Installing them is fairly straight forward if you have the patience. I paid $48 for each of them after asking for a discount. I decided to put them on since I live in NJ and the roads are salted often in the winter.

Also on a side not and I know this belongs in another form. I replaced the stock Bridgestone tires with 275/60/20 Cooper AT3 XLT tires. I had two flats with the stock tires which are crap. These tire throw more water and debris from the roadway so I wanted to protect the undercarriage. But for those wondering the larger tires (I believe they are 34" when converted) fit without an issue. I have a readylift preload spacer kit but its not getting installed until next week.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I had the dealer install mine since it was a freebie and they didn't put the remaining screws in. Have some Bushwackers getting painted to go on and they come with extras for those that didn't have factory flares so no big deal. They make it look a lot cleaner back there.

Also the 275/60s are a 33" tire. 275/65s are 34" tires. The factory Bridgestones actually aren't bad compared to what came from the factory on my 2013. It had Goodyear Wranglers and they were absolutely terrible. The Bridgestones handled alright for me but were just too small. I put some 275/65 KO2s on.

Clarkism

Reaction score
Yeah I had the dealer install mine since it was a freebie and they didn't put the remaining screws in. Have some Bushwackers getting painted to go on and they come with extras for those that didn't have factory flares so no big deal. They make it look a lot cleaner back there.

Also the 275/60s are a 33" tire. 275/65s are 34" tires. The factory Bridgestones actually aren't bad compared to what came from the factory on my 2013. It had Goodyear Wranglers and they were absolutely terrible. The Bridgestones handled alright for me but were just too small. I put some 275/65 KO2s on.
Everyone loves the KO2s. I’m terrible with the metric conversion. I was just looking today and trying to decide if I wanted to add the flares also. The coopers are great they handle well and they’re sure quiet. I definitely can feel the difference thought it feels heavier. If you can pls send me a pic when you get the flares put on.

Clarkism

Reaction score
Everyone loves the KO2s. I’m terrible with the metric conversion. I was just looking today and trying to decide if I wanted to add the flares also. The coopers are great they handle well and they’re sure quiet. I definitely can feel the difference thought it feels heavier. If you can pls send me a pic when you get the flares put on.

I misspoke they are 275/65/20 I liked the way they look on the car and mavis gave them to me for $240 ea.

Attachments

• 1B1CE98D-D5CD-4728-A451-66F3E08CB440.jpeg
    1B1CE98D-D5CD-4728-A451-66F3E08CB440.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I misspoke they are 275/65/20 I liked the way they look on the car and mavis gave them to me for $240 ea.
So you had the size right just the metrics wrong. Cooper makes some good tires. I put some on my '13 Ram and they were great. I will be sure to post after I get my flares on. Wi probably be after the new year. Putting the 3.5" Readylift on this weekend if all goes well.

Clarkism

Reaction score
So you had the size right just the metrics wrong. Cooper makes some good tires. I put some on my '13 Ram and they were great. I will be sure to post after I get my flares on. Wi probably be after the new year. Putting the 3.5" Readylift on this weekend if all goes well.
That’s awesome. I’m putting the two inch readylift spacer kit on to level it. I paid for the kit and instillation of both the spacers and a magnaflow exhaust but I’m waiting for the exhaust to come in. They are back ordered until January 18 and I ordered it at the end of November. I also ordered an aem dry filter. I was reading that the oil in the k&n could be an issue and also that the stock air box it super efficient so no need to go crazy with replacement.

Hotrod ram

Reaction score

Looking forward to seeing ur truck with the bushwhackers. Trying to decide to go with them. I will definitely be color matching em too. I do all the paint work for a customized here, so now it's my turn to do a set for myself.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s awesome. I’m putting the two inch readylift spacer kit on to level it. I paid for the kit and instillation of both the spacers and a magnaflow exhaust but I’m waiting for the exhaust to come in. They are back ordered until January 18 and I ordered it at the end of November. I also ordered an aem dry filter. I was reading that the oil in the k&n could be an issue and also that the stock air box it super efficient so no need to go crazy with replacement.
Yeah the air intake appears to be pretty good. Remove the silencer pad. I plan on doing that and putting in one of the high flow filters for now. I am still interested in the Mopar Air intake of the Vararam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/