5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear view mirror

GeoZ

Reaction score
I noticed the right rear view mirror there is a big blind spot. (I have the tow mirrors) there is a spot of a car gets behind the rear right door I won’t be able to see it in the big mirror nor the small mirrors and looking back at the right rear window can’t spot it either. If it weren’t for the blind spot monitor there is really no way to see it.

Does anyone else have this problem with the mirror? Or do I need to do some adjustment? Or should I buy one of those stick on mirrors?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

Probably need to adjust the mirrors "out" more than you think. I always use this guide, try to safely find a spot where someone is passing you slowly and watch the transition between seeing them in the rearview and seeing them in the sideview until they get up to your side window. Usually when doing this I can't see the side of my truck unless I lean way over in my seat (2010 Tundra with tow mirrors, not a Ram yet)

warvet

Reaction score
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

Probably need to adjust the mirrors "out" more than you think. I always use this guide, try to safely find a spot where someone is passing you slowly and watch the transition between seeing them in the rearview and seeing them in the sideview until they get up to your side window. Usually when doing this I can't see the side of my truck unless I lean way over in my seat (2010 Tundra with tow mirrors, not a Ram yet)

x2!!! I can't see the side of my vehicles either (in my side mirrors). I've always pushed my mirrors out far. I don't need to see anything behind me in those mirrors........when I have the rear view mirror. Taught my 19 year old daughter that immediately. I didn't have blind spot in my GMC.......but this adjustment gave me all the blind spot I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread