5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear View Mirror replacement

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
My dilemma: I can't see out of my rear view mirror due to my bed rack

My intended solution: A rear view mirror monitor, that live streams from a rear mounted camera, many are out there, they have 2 types, one that attaches via little rubber straps on top of your OEM mirror (Looks too aftermarket), and one that attaches with the normal (old style clip that slides over the metal mount on the windshield) - (What I really want, gives it a more OEM look)

My problem: Ram's no longer use that old style clamp..

Has anyone had this issue and found a solution to replace the Rear View Mirror with some type of adapter that allows you to use a new mirror? I'm aware of the 21+ Ram's rear view monitor mirrors, however the one I'd like to run has a front facing camera, as well as records the rear so it will cover being able to see out the back but also the dash cam side of things.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I’m looking in to the same type mirror. I want the front camera without the camera hanging there.

Users who are viewing this thread