5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear View Mirror Housing?

fsjosh

Reaction score
I did a test drive on a Laramie the other day and noticed that the housing behind the rear view mirror was really large. It was at the point where it was distracting and was impairing my line of sight. Especially on right hand turns. I searched online and found a pic of what I'm talking about. Can anyone tell me what option would lead to that being in the truck? I'm working towards ordering a truck and not sure I want to deal with that.

78.jpg

Here is another pic of a smaller housing, so I'm assuming the above isn't standard.

70.jpg

BTK20

Reaction score
The top one has the camera for adaptive cruise control and or auto high beams. I don't even notice it in mine.

klail

Reaction score
The top one has the camera for adaptive cruise control and or auto high beams. I don't even notice it in mine.
I agree with both points. Adaptive cruise and auto high beams. On my first test drive, I noticed it but was very quick to adjust. I don't even notice it anymore. I was in the passenger seat the other day and I noticed it sticks out a little more on that side than the driver side.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
^^^ Yep, this ^^^

I don't notice it either. I also have a dashcam on the windshield, and a RD mounted on the mirror and they both disappear as well after the newness wears off.

8C7114FA-E262-4EC3-865E-014FC96FBA8D.jpeg 45991FC2-78B1-4243-88AC-B6C116D7F1BC.jpeg

klail

Reaction score
^^^ Yep, this ^^^

I don't notice it either. I also have a dashcam on the windshield, and a RD mounted on the mirror and they both disappear as well after the newness wears off.

View attachment 49218 View attachment 49219
Where do you run your power wire on your dash cam? Looks like it goes up and around the headliner but is it tucked in so you can't see it or is it just hidden in the seam? Nice setup!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Where do you run your power wire on your dash cam? Looks like it goes up and around the headliner but is it tucked in so you can't see it or is it just hidden in the seam? Nice setup!
Thanks. It's tucked inside the headliner all the way down to the fuse box.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dash cam is basically in the same place. I ran my power wire underneath the mirror housing, into the headliner where it meets the windshield, over to the driver A pillar, then down to the fuse box. Basically all you see is about 4" of wire coming from the bottom of the rear view mirror housing to my dash cam.

Users who are viewing this thread