5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Tow Hook Brackets

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
All current orders shipping tomorrow. We have some extra powder coated units that will ship next day if you're lucky enough to get them before we run out. We have some raw steel that can also ship next day until they run out. We can also get more raw steel to powder coat pretty quick right now.

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
I know the passenger side on the limited is tricky with the air suspension ….can the drivers side be mounted with the tailgate step on the limited?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I know the passenger side on the limited is tricky with the air suspension ….can the drivers side be mounted with the tailgate step on the limited?
The passenger side isn't too hard even with the air suspension it is just an extra step that can test patience at times lol. The driver's side totally depends on the step. Hammerdown Motorsports on YouTube installed his driver's side step with his and I've had at least one other customer install the brackets with the same step. I believe he had to drill one hole in the bracket and he shaved a small amount off of the hinge in the step if I recall. The other customer told me he didn't have to shave anything only had to drill the one hole. I believe they were both using the AMP Research step but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
The passenger side isn't too hard even with the air suspension it is just an extra step that can test patience at times lol. The driver's side totally depends on the step. Hammerdown Motorsports on YouTube installed his driver's side step with his and I've had at least one other customer install the brackets with the same step. I believe he had to drill one hole in the bracket and he shaved a small amount off of the hinge in the step if I recall. The other customer told me he didn't have to shave anything only had to drill the one hole. I believe they were both using the AMP Research step but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Yeah, the step on his was left of the exhaust. Mine is the factory one between the exhaust and the hitch. Don’t think it would be possible as that is where the hook is located. Might order just the single one soon.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just placed my order. We'll see how it goes on my Limited with driver-side rear step (no MFT/center rear step). I have yet to use the step, may just remove it and sell it before I put the brackets/hooks on.

Thanks for making this possible @Shifts And Grins Fab!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just placed my order. We'll see how it goes on my Limited with driver-side rear step (no MFT/center rear step). I have yet to use the step, may just remove it and sell it before I put the brackets/hooks on.

All orders are built and should be shipping tomorrow. My normal UPS guy is on vacation and his fill in didn't show up the last two days like he was supposed to so I will be placing a call to UPS in the morning.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
UPS picked up all of the last run of orders. I have a powder coated set going out tomorrow and a bare steel set going out tomorrow. I'll also be dropping more off at powder coat today or tomorrow. Thank you all for the orders!!!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I was able to get four sets built and dropped off at powder coat that are not spoken for yet. I'm trying to get all of the sets built and most of them powder coated to see if I can stay ahead of you guys. It never hurts my feelings when orders come in though. lol

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you for your order. Let me know if you have any questions.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Received them yesterday! Nice and heavy, beefy things, nice work!

Only one tiny constructive comment: looks like some of the powder coat either got missed or rubbed off during shipping on a couple of the edges on one bracket. Not a big deal, easy for me to touch up and I won't complain, but food for thought/feedback for the future.

Thanks again for making this possible! Now I have to somehow sneak some time to install these, rather than working on finishing our family room, without the wife noticing...

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Received mine today. Great looking product. However, I have a 2020 1500 crew cab off road with 4 corner air and when I go to put the bracket it seems that I have some kind of module blocking the bracket. The top of the bracket is hitting the module and there is no way to get at the single bolt without removing the module.

Attachments

• D721AEB9-C119-4C32-963B-95C046195ED3.jpeg
    D721AEB9-C119-4C32-963B-95C046195ED3.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 8D5A1CFC-5147-48AA-904B-7438F53C9031.jpeg
    8D5A1CFC-5147-48AA-904B-7438F53C9031.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 43

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Received them yesterday! Nice and heavy, beefy things, nice work!

Only one tiny constructive comment: looks like some of the powder coat either got missed or rubbed off during shipping on a couple of the edges on one bracket. Not a big deal, easy for me to touch up and I won't complain, but food for thought/feedback for the future.

Thanks again for making this possible! Now I have to somehow sneak some time to install these, rather than working on finishing our family room, without the wife noticing...
Thanks for the feedback. Can you send me pictures of that please? Were yours wrapped in plastic wrap?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Received mine today. Great looking product. However, I have a 2020 1500 crew cab off road with 4 corner air and when I go to put the bracket it seems that I have some kind of module blocking the bracket. The top of the bracket is hitting the module and there is no way to get at the single bolt without removing the module.
Yes sir. You have to remove the four bolts that hold the module to the frame and move the module to the side. You don't need to completely move it. It will stay up in there. Once the bracket is installed, bolt the module back up. I sent you an email with my cell phone number so you can call me if you have any further questions.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Added mine today. Quality parts and work.

couple of things to note.

i removed the exhaust tip gives you more room to work.

you might have a module blocking access to the bolts and this has to be removed. Fairly simple with the exception of the top inner bolt which is a pain.
There is a felt cover to the module that you must also unbolt.

Attachments

• 36C79D5F-4EE2-49C2-9E59-8F260A8D6EDB.jpeg
    36C79D5F-4EE2-49C2-9E59-8F260A8D6EDB.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread